Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California, is seeking one highly qualified individual for the position of Intern. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 350 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million annually.
As part of Foothill Transit’s commitment to workforce development, Foothill Transit’s Internship Program was created to allow students to gain valuable skills and knowledge. In addition, the intern will support Foothill Transit achieving its mission. Interns are paid $15.00 per hour. The number of hours worked per week will be flexible depending upon the student’s schedule.
This position reports to a Foothill Transit’s Budget and Grants Manager and will assist in the day-to-day operations in the agencies budget process, capital program management and grant writing. This position works closely with multiple departments to provide support and collaboration. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
• Research potential grant opportunities for agency capital projects
• Draft grant applications for funding including Federal and State grant opportunities
• Provide engagement support for local colleges promoting Foothill Transit’s student rider program
• Complete tasks and assignments using independent judgment, skill, and personal initiative
• Prepare and present analytical and statistical reports
• Provide assistance and support in the planning, design, development, and implementation of short and long-term projects, including and not limited to college pass programs and other budget and grant projects.
• Assist in various projects that may include and are not limited to: administration, finance, , , human resources, and , procurement.
• Provide general administrative staff support and assist in the completion of day-to-day administrative tasks such as answering phones and photocopying
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong writing skills - ability to organize thoughts and statistics into a concise message
• Ability to follow directions and guidelines when completing tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software and familiarity with computer/internet research – with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
• Analytical ability to look at the overall picture and problem solve and clearly present solutions
• Innovative and creative thinker, thinks outside the box and looks for opportunities for process improvements
• Ability to set priorities and organize time to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others
• Strong oral communication skills
• Current enrollment in an accredited community college, four-year college, or university with major coursework in public administration, finance, business administration, political science, planning, transportation, or related field.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident and eligible to work in the U.S. as determined by U.S. Immigration Laws and the Department of Homeland Security.
The individual selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application at ------------ and send application, resume and current DMV H-6 print out to:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D
Finance, Internship, Transportation, Public Administration, Business Administration, Planning