INDEPENDENT FILM INTERN
Independent film company seeks dynamic film intern to work closely with CEO and Founder part time. This is a very hands-on internship in an independent studio environment. It's a wonderful opportunity to help shape the marketing strategy for upcoming releases and contribute to building the upcoming slate. You get to make an actual impact. Extensive knowledge of all types of movies including current independent films is required Organized, communicative and attention to detail Ability to work independently Photoshop and general Adobe Suite experience is a plus. The ideal candidate is creative, tireless, and comfortable engaging with individuals from all backgrounds. The internship is unpaid or for class credit/
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Researching current film industry trends and news
• Assisting with social media campaigns for upcoming film releases and streaming service
• Copy editing marketing materials and copywriting (synopses, descriptions, etc.)
• Working on market research and grassroots outreach for film releases
• Other marketing projects, as needed
• Occasional administrative tasks (phones, mailings, etc.)
In addition to a TV series, you will be engaging with other film projects that are currently in development, including a feature documentary.
• must have a keen eye for detail, an ability for organization, and an aptitude for performing quality research
• have a flexible schedule
• must be well rounded with the ability to adjust quickly to changing environments, communicate effectively with multiple personality types and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
• can prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects with an acute attention to detail
• able to work with calm and focus within a fast paced production environment
• organized, hard working, and able to follow through independently on assigned tasks • excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional future responsibilities may include:
Grant and proposal writing
Reading and reviewing scripts, books, videos and other development materials and writing coverage on them.
Creating social media graphics and video promos using a combination of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
Logging and Researching material related to ongoing projects.
10-15 hours per week to start, opportunity for more – flexible depending on the individual. Travel Stipend, Lunch and beverages provided.
Please submit, resume, cover letter and writing sample.
intern, film, social media