Fall Sustainable Cities Intern
Global Green USA is seeking an intern for the Fall Semester in our DC office to start as soon as possible to support project research and pilot planning for our work toward building more sustainable cities. In this unique role, the intern will provide research and development support for collaboration and synergy between both local and national initiatives. With our projects will be connecting on the ground pilots with their broader business, environmental and policy implications.
Activities will include
- Support for the DC Environmental Network (40%)
- Research and Outreach for the national Sustainable Cities program (30%)
- Collaborating with Global Green staff on emerging research areas and special projects (30%)
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative waste diversion technologies and systems;
Examples of sample tasks include:
- Research innovative policies
- Assist with on-the-ground pilots;
- Answering phones (reception desk)
- Drafting reports and letters and quality-assuring reports;
- Researching relevant contacts and conducting initial outreach to potential partners;
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Must have an interest in sustainability, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
- Must have strong writing and research skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
More on the DC Environmental Network and Global Green:
Sustainable Cities: xxx-xxx-xxxx
This is an unpaid internship. Academic credit is required. This internship will include work with Global Green and also on-site with partner non-profit, academic and/or private sector organizations. Part-time internships are available to fit with the academic calendar.
sustainability, climate change, recycling, food, food waste, environment, policy, innovation,