Event Planning Intern
Join the Taste of Brews team as we plan our 9th Annual Long Beach festival.
While this internship will mainly focus on event planning, you will be exposed to social media, marketing, advertising and PR. We are a small company so you will be very integrated into the office and be a part of the team every step of the way.
We are looking for an intern/team member that is outgoing, creative, eager to learn and can start right away! Most of our internship graduates have gone on to high-paying careers. Many come back to work on Taste of Brews Long Beach.
This is a hands-on event planning internship where you will be exposed to all facets of pre, during and post-event functions:
* Plan, create, and schedule social media posts for our brewery partners and vendors.
* Use social media to drive awareness and ticket sales
* Communication with suppliers (fencing, security, mugs, tents, dumpsters, tables, chairs, gators, power, etc.).
* Communication with vendors (exhibitors, food trucks, breweries, etc.).
* Interact with customers through ticketing platform.
* Brewery collateral runs.
This position is part-time, approximately 10 hours a week along with required on-site time, and located in Fountain Valley, California. Position is available immediately. No phone calls please.
Although this is an unpaid internship, there is a financial stipend/bonus if you complete all the required milestones.
Since alcohol is served at our events, you must be 21+ over.
Event marketing experience preferred.
Social Media skills.
Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Have customer service skills and be able to answer phones.
Commitment and dedication.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Spend two days per week at Taste of Brews Home/Office
• Approximately 3-4 hours per day i.e. Mon/Wed, Tue/Thurs or Mon/Thurs
• Plus 2-3 Brewery collateral runs (about 6 hours each)
Best efforts to coordinate with your normal day
• Spend two-three days per week at Taste of Brews Home/Office
• Approximately 4-5 hours per day
• Maybe a quick follow-up brewery run or two
• Will require more man-hours starting 14 days out
• Help load-in on Thursday 8/22 (about 6 hours)
• Help Setup at the park on Friday 8/23 (all day: 7am to 5pm)
• Event on Saturday 8/24 (all day and night: 7am to 8pm)
Event Planning, Charity Fundraisers, Craft Beer, Social Media, Vendors, Suppliers, Internship