Education Services Spring Internship
Seeking an intern to start with our Education Programs team at the IIIC in Boston ASAP!
“Interning at the IIIC is an enriching and fun experience. The IIIC made me feel like a valued member of the team and every day I found myself learning something new.”
- Kasey DiLoreto, 2018 Intern
Join our team at the IIIC! This is a great opportunity for someone to make a positive difference in the lives of many immigrants and to learn new skills and to gain a deep appreciation for a diverse range of cultures. Interning with the IIIC provides an opportunity to learn new skills, gain valuable job experience and have fun. Apply straight away if you are interested (See all details on how to do so below).
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Supporting the Director of Education in many areas. This role offers a wonderful opportunity for anyone interested in assisting and empowering immigrants, and becoming part of a team dedicated to helping immigrants integrate smoothly into their new communities.
This is an unpaid internship, but we are happy to assist in any requirements that would qualify an eligible intern for course credit.
HERE'S MORE INFO...
• 16- 32 hours per week (negotiable - willing to discuss less hours if your schedule cannot accommodate this amount of hours)
DAYS: Tues and Thurs (additional days available if interested)
• Spring Term: Jan - May/June 2019
• Assisting with English classes on various topics; working directly with immigrant and refugee students
• Daily scanning, filing, and copying
• Faxing and maintaining contact with outreach contact about courses and workshops
• Calling current and potential students
• Maintaining records, both hard copies and virtually
• Data entry
• Intake assessments
• Assisting in classroom set up, including necessary paperwork and physical space
• Occasional visits to Boston area organizations to provide outreach materials
• Attending monthly staff meetings
• Various administrative tasks as assigned by Education Director
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Familiarity with Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.
• Data entry experience, preferred
• Experience with immigrant/refugee population, preferred
• Bilingual, or multilingual, preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to ------------.
ABOUT THE IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
We empower over 3,500 immigrants and refugees annually from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, wellness and educational support they need to build successful lives. Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and despite the current political climate, we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all.
Our vision is of a society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. Rooted in the Irish tradition of hospitality, we work to create a safe and welcoming place for people from around the world who come to our Center.
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please visit ------------
The Irish International Immigrant Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.