Digital & Social Media Marketing Intern
WHO ARE WE
More Than Esquires Network (MTEN), we are changing the legal landscape as a national membership community for law students, JDs, legal professionals and attorneys who want more for their careers. MTEN was created as a destination to foster a sense of community among lawyers and JDs that are seeking or have pursued alternative legal and non-traditional careers.
WHO ARE YOU
As Digital & Social Media Marketing Intern, you will help spearhead all digital and social media efforts under the guidance of our Founders and Director, Media & Strategy. The candidate should have experience with marketing or PR at a company or organization. They must have a passion for marketing and be able to use strategic thinking to cultivate inspiring ideas that will help create and implement strategy to increase our digital footprint and social media community. MTEN is looking for a creative, collaborative, and versatile intern to assist with the creation, execution, and monitoring of initiatives across a variety of digital media platforms. This candidate must believe in the power of hustle and have persistence in preparation for challenging projects in a fast-paced working environment.
**Intern must be a current student enrolled in an accredited school and provide all appropriate paperwork for course credit.
** New York City based role with ability to commute to NYC office. Intern must live within commuting distance of NYC.
• Work with team on a variety of campaign initiatives to support business development building and expanding the MTEN organization, brand and membership engagement nationally.
• Build web, mobile and social experiences that will promote our brand and increase our membership.
• Utilizes social media to engage with a community of members/followers online (Instagram, Facebook, Meetup, Twitter, Linkedin
• Respond to external (strategic partner/sponsors) and internal requests for new creative assets or general collateral needs
• Coordinate with team to support social media campaign/marketing goals and objectives.
• Provide PR project support, such as ad hoc research, media outreach and proofreading
• Monitor industry trends and suggest new ideas for website content, media outreach, and social media content
• Assist with MTEN-hosted events as needed
• Create and maintain a cohesive and organized asset library
• Researching, writing articles and interviewing attorneys for the MTEN newsletter
• Create and distribute membership newsletter
Engagement & updating of the MTEN membership community database.
• Assist with administrative needs as needed
• Current college or graduate student majoring in marketing, business or communications (preferred)
• Entrepreneurial spirit with the willingness to take on new tasks, be a self-starter and detail oriented
• MUST have Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of social media platforms, associated media requirements, and best practices
• Problem solver with strong communication and organizational skills.
• Must be able to effectively work both independently and as team player in fast-paced environment.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
• Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must
• InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator is a plus
• Canva, Squarespace and video editing experience is a plus
Previous design internship experience a plus
NYC based role with ability to commute to NYC office & events.
Intern must live within commuting distance of NYC. In addition, there will be plenty of opportunity to work remotely.
• Apply with cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills, general personality and style
• Resume/portfolio/website link showcasing your relevant experience
• Submit materials to ------------
Application Deadline: Rolling till filled
Anticipated Start Date: May 28, 2019
• Summer 2019 commitment required (10-20 required hours)
• Be a current student enrolled in an accredited school and provide all appropriate paperwork for course credit.
Marketing, social media, writing, intern, PR, research