Global Fund for Children partners with local organizations around the world to help children and youth reach their full potential and advance their rights. We are the only global nonprofit dedicated to discovering, funding, and collaborating with community-based organizations that empower children and youth. Since 1997, GFC has impacted the lives of over 10 million children through a network of 600+ local organizations worldwide. Learn more: ------------.
GFC’s Development Team is offering a Development Team Internship this summer. The internship will provide a wide range of business development, events and logistics planning, professional writing and fundraising learning opportunities. This is a chance to be part of GFC’s mission and vision to gain valuable professional experience aligned with degree-seeking coursework and interests. This is an unpaid educational internship.
Internship Learning Opportunities:
• Opportunity to work with and learn from the VP of Development and other portfolio leads
• Opportunity to learn about and assist with meeting and/or fundraising event planning and preparation
• Opportunity to learn about and assist with planning and administration related to special projects and fundraising efforts
• Opportunity to learn about and support Development team’s prospecting efforts across various portfolios and professional writing assistance related to organizational documents, grants, proposals and reports
• Opportunities to participate in and attend relevant meetings and strategy sessions
• Degree-seeking coursework in relevant field of study
• Strong writing, editing, and research ability
• Executive assistance, donor prospecting and event planning experience, desired
• Knowledge of basic computer applications (including Microsoft Office, and donor management databases, notably Raiser Edge)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated commitment to GFC’s mission and values
• Desire to learn more about grants-funding and philanthropy
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter which includes the dates available to intern, resume, and one-page writing sample by email to ------------. (Please put “Development Intern – Summer 2019” in the subject line.) Applications will be reviewed a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.