Big Brothers Big Sisters of Acadiana is seeking an intern for the Spring 2019 semester (January - May) who can work a minimum of 15 hours per week. This position will work closely with the Community Engagement Manager to help plan and coordinate the agency’s signature fundraiser’s Bowl for Kids’ Sake and Wine Women & Shoes. This is an unpaid internship but is an exceptional opportunity to gain development, marketing and event planning experience at a nationally-recognized non-profit.
• Assist with planning and coordination of Bowl for Kids’ Sake - March 16, 2019.
• Assist with planning and coordination of Wine Women & Shoes - May 18, 2019.
• Assist with phone calls and mailing to past donors/attendees.
• Assist with cold-calling and donation asks.
• Work with staff and volunteers to collect/solicit in-kind donations for day-of event.
• Enter all donations in database.
• Assist with day-of-event volunteer recruitment and management.
• Attend some committee meetings.
• Help with the promotion of the event.
• Help coordinate day of logistics (scheduling, decor, set-up, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
• Applicant must be a recent graduate or student working toward a degree in Social Work, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to organize time, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills (Email, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
How to apply:
Please email Cover Letter, Resume & 2019 Spring Class Schedule (if applicable) to ------------ by December 21, 2108. The subject line should read “Spring 2019 Internship.”