Development & Special Events Intern
Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation is a 501(c)3 breast cancer research nonprofit dedicated to achieving a future without breast cancer by engaging the public and the scientific communities in innovative research on cause and prevention. We do this through performing and facilitating innovative and collaborative research, translating science to engage the public as informed partners, and inspiring novel research. Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, and its more than 400,000 research participants nationwide, invites you to become part of a movement to bring the public voice to breast cancer research with the goal of eradicating the disease once and for all.
We are looking for a highly motivated, organized intern with the desire to apply
his/her academic skills and natural talents in a health-based nonprofit environment to provide support for the organization’s fundraising initiatives and special events.
Title: Development and Special Events Paid Intern
• Provide logistical support for annual fundraising event, Walk with Love 5K (April 28,
• With guidance from Development Department, solicit local businesses for local
partnerships and/or in-kind donations of items for gift bags, food, prizes, etc.
• Along with Development & Marketing Coordinator, liaise with vendors to ensure event
details are relayed accurately and logistical needs are fulfilled in a timely fashion
• Aid in recruitment and management of Walk with Love volunteers
• Provide high level of support for run of show to ensure a smooth event
• Provide excellent customer service to end-users of our event registration and online
donation platform by troubleshooting via phone or email
• Assist with day-to-day operations of the development department including, but not
limited to, gift fulfillment, administrative support, and donor relations support
Experience, Education, and Skills
• Must be available for Walk with Love 5K weekend on April 27 and 28, 2019
• Passion for nonprofit work, particularly development and special events
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; familiarity with Adobe Suite a plus
• Previous exposure to relational database such as FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Access, or
Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge a plus but not required
• Ability to organize and prioritize work with attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills with sense of perspective and humor
Hours: 12 – 15 hours/week
Duration: 90 days with possibility of continuation. Will start in January and continue through the beginning of May.
Compensation: Stipend of $10/hour
If interested in applying for the Development and Special Events Paid Intern position with Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, please send your resume and cover letter to Maret Marcin at xxx-xxx-xxxx, “Development/Special Events Intern: YOUR FULL NAME” in the subject line.
paid Internship, Internship, events, event planning, nonprofit, breast cancer