The Development Intern will be integral in the coordination and successful implementation of the 2019 fundraising event in May. The Development Intern will participate in managing social media, e-news communications and development of the annual fund as directed by the Development Manager. This position requires experience in Microsoft Excel. Design experience with InDesign software and database administration is highly desirable. In lieu of experience, the ability and willingness to learn must be present. The nonprofit development intern will work in tandem with the development manager to produce special events and development activities. Successful interaction with staff, constituents, committee members, volunteers and board members is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Secure donations for auction through written and verbal communications; organize and catalog items.
• Serve as assistant staff liaison for event committee; attend meetings as needed.
• Maintain consistent positive communication with volunteers, staff, board members and constituents.
• Manage social media accounts and agency website to promote events, increase online donations, generate revenue, and keep current and fresh.
• Maintain accurate and thorough records of donations, purchases and event reservations.
• Maintain and update email distribution lists.
• Assist in creating promotional materials for events.
• Assist with maintaining agency’s electronic archives in an orderly manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Enthusiastic to be part of a team working toward mission of Room at the Inn
• Ability to communicate and interact with development manager, committee members, volunteers, donors, corporate/foundation representatives, clients and members of the board of directors.
• Self-starter; willing to learn new things
• Comfortable working with people of varying backgrounds and faith traditions
• Flexible to work non-traditional hours, to include occasional evenings.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Social Media Facebook platform, and ability and/or aptitude to administer database
• Design program experience, InDesign for the creation of invitations and event program, a plus.
• Professional demeanor with strong communication skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, while remaining positive and proficient.
• Sense of humor essential!
• Must submit to agency background check
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and three references to: xxx-xxx-xxxx. No phone calls, please.
Development, Intern, Nonprofit, Internship, Event, Excel, InDesign