Computer Science Intern
• As an Intern with I-3, you will work on exciting new technology that is making the world a safer place by using biometrics technologies such as face recognition, voice recognition and other identifiers. I-3 does not perform widespread face recognition surveillance in public places ... you will learn about new, innovative uses that you never dreamed of! Our Arlington office is a professional workplace staffed by some of the brightest people around – engineers, scientists, programmers and big thinkers. Arlington’s Ballston neighborhood is a vibrant, fun area full of shops, restaurants and great coffee shops!
• At I-3, our Interns are not coffee-getters. You will have real responsibilities, and a real opportunity to make a difference as a valued member of our team. Unlike some companies, I-3 does not offer unpaid internships. We are constantly developing exciting new products for customers in defense and commercial markets. You will help us develop and test new concepts and systems before the rest of the world gets to see them.
• Your development as a young professional is important to us. We will work with you to find the tasks that accomplish the company’s goals, but also interest you and promote your personal growth. Skills might include programming, software testing, system testing, technical writing, or even building electronic devices.
Some days, you will work at the office helping to develop system concepts, create or test software, create training materials, or write test plans. Other days, you might participate in field tests to demonstrate systems or test their effectiveness. Tests might involve traveling to customer buildings, military bases or outdoor test facilities.
• Conduct applied research for biometrics systems during all life-cycle stages — requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, operations and maintenance (O&M).
• Engineer solutions related to identification and verification for government, commercial and international customers on a variety of exciting biometrics projects.
• Identify and recommend subsystems, components, techniques and technologies that produce optimal solutions for our customers’ requirements.
• Conduct tests, including field tests, to verify system performance in real-world settings.
• Education: Possess or be within two years of graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• Skillset: Possess basic programming skills or other technical skills as specified below. Must be a driven, self-starter; possess excellent spoken and written communication skills; be detail-oriented with good decision-making abilities.
• We are seeking candidates with experience in TWO OR MORE of these areas:
o Creating software and user interfaces using TCL, Java, Python and/or C++
o Video processing and/or machine vision
o Hardware-software integration using, for example, Raspberry Pi or Arduino
o Creating interactive web pages
• You will be required to operate computers, tablets and cell phones. The ability to assist with moving or setting up lightweight test equipment is desired but not required.
• Preference will be given to candidates with these skills:
o Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
o Technical writing – reports, white papers, briefings
o Web research to collect technical specifications of devices and components
• Preference will be given to candidates who are eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Position Type Shift Information:
o Full time summer internship
o 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but flexible to accommodate your schedule
US Citizenship & Clearance: US citizenship required
Location: Arlington. VA
Apply: Online at ------------
Ideal Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Ideal Innovations, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
computer science, engineering