Our organization is looking for motivated individuals to hold the Maryland Department of Environment, EPA, Congress and the White House accountable!
Clean Water Action is a million member strong non-profit organization fighting to protect our environment and public health. For over 40 years, Clean Water has successfully held our politicians accountable to pass legislation in favor of our environment. This would not happen without the backbone of our organization, the canvass.
Clean Water Action is now seeking to hire Community Outreach Organizers!
Qualified applicants will have:
- A strong motivation to work on environmental or social justice issues. (REQUIRED)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude
Responsibilities will include:
- Educating the community on campaigns.
- Collecting signatures/ letters.
- Collecting memberships.
We offer an attractive benefits package including:
Paid sick/vacation days.
National travel and development opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $15.00 /hour
Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision makers.
Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media
Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns
Identify and activate individuals who wish to participate in other activities, including letter writing, attending meetings, volunteer time, turning out the vote, etc.
To Apply: please send a resume to ------------
* As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.
* We do not provide any housing assistance. Please only apply if you have a specific plans to be located near the Baltimore Clean Water Action office.
sustainability, environmental justice, social justice, climate change