Communications & Marketing Intern
Profugo is a grassroots non-profit organization involved in International Development. Our mission is to provide communities with access to tools and resources that enable them to build a better quality of life. The ideal Communications & Marketing Intern candidate will be a college student with an interest in pursuing a career in social media, marketing, or communications. The Intern will be responsible for content creation, data analytics, and strategy to drive engagement across all communication channels. He or she must possess strong written, research, and personal skills. Experience working in Hootsuite/Buffer, Canva, Photoshop, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn is preferred. Ideal candidates are positive, highly organized, self-motivated, possess strong project management skills, creative communicators with a passion for social empowerment in developing communities.
Responsibilities of the Intern may include:
• Content creation for all communication channels (web, social media, video, newsletters, emails)
• Research, develop and implement new strategies to increase followers and post engagement
• Track growth and engagement using analytics
• Take & edit photos
• Design marketing materials as needed
• Support Profugo’s fundraising initiatives as needed
• Representing Profugo at select events
• Provide support for Profugo’s website
• Support other organizational initiatives as needed
The Intern will report directly to the Executive Director but will also be working with other team members. This position would be ideal for a resourceful and self-driven individual with strong project management skills. Innovative, critical thinkers with strong writing skills are desired. The Intern would have rich exposure to many areas of non-profit management and international development.
social media, marketing, design, storytelling, communications, media, public relations