Full Circle Strategies is looking for a Communications Intern for Summer 2020 (May-July), with potential for continuing in the Fall 2020 semester. The Communications Intern will be an integral member of the team, helping to strategize, plan, and execute a variety of communication plans to advance racial equity awareness. The Communications Intern will work with Full Circle’s leadership to help promote meaningful communication on issues concerning anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion as it relates to organizational change. Our ideal candidate will have a strong desire to gain hands-on experience in a communications role.
An internship with Full Circle provides a unique opportunity for students/graduates interested in engaging on topics related to public health, education, civic engagement, social justice, and policy with a specialized focus on how organizations can create systems of change that promote anti-racism and equity through their work.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Expand and deepen Full Circle’s online presence, paying particular attention to the growth and engagement of the non-profit community and greater Texas
• Regular blog writing on Full Circle’s work and regional/national issues pertaining to the latest news and reports on racial equity
• Drafting press releases, talking points, media advisories, advocacy letters, newsletters and press statements
• Crafting and scheduling content for social media
• Expanding communications efforts surrounding Full Circle’s training initiatives
• Engage with supporters on Twitter
• Grow audience on social media accounts
• Writing, editing, copy editing for web, social media, and flyers
• Interviewing and writing staff, client, and partner profiles, and other content
• Following or attending (including virtually) events and reporting on events, including taking photographs and video content, as needed.
• Archiving (digital and hard copy) publications and materials
• Assisting with additional responsibilities as needed
• A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change
• Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends, and work extended hours to accomplish the requirements of the position
• Strong writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work in and across diverse communities, particularly race, class, gender, and geography
• Willingness to work in fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Excellent time-management skills
• Ability to work independently and/or remotely
• Current college student (Junior, Senior, or graduate student)
• Preferably pursuing Communications/Political Science/Public Health, Social Work or related field
• Familiar with social media and active on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
• Basic knowledge of Mailchimp, Adobe Suite & Microsoft Office (or willingness to learn)
• Self-motivated problem solver capable of working as part of a team.
• Understanding of basic communications approaches and strategies
• Familiarity with website developer tools such as WordPress & Wix
• Knowledgeable of video-editing, HTML, or coding
• We also highly appreciate bilingual applicants (Spanish, French)
This position will pay a monthly stipend, commensurate with experience. Opportunities to extend the internship to a Fall 2020 internship (August - December) may be discussed based on performance and interest.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter stating your interest in the position and a resume highlighting your abilities to ------------. Those applicants with the minimum qualifications will be sent a link to complete the full application and will be scheduled for a virtual interview. This position is tentatively scheduled to begin by May 15th. Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than April 15th.