Catholic Charities of Central Colorado
Announcement of Fall 2019 Intern Position
(Aug – Dec. or Summer start if desired)
Position Title: Communications Intern
Department: Marketing & Communications
Date Open: 5/2/19 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary of Position Duties:
Seeking an intern to work with our Marketing & Communications team on a variety of projects, including print and electronic communications (newsletter, e-updates, social media, website, brochures, etc.), videos, social media efforts, data collection, website maintenance, and design projects. It is essential that applicants have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, are detailed oriented, understand data analysis, and have an outgoing personality.
• Junior or senior in college/university preferred. Students applying for this internship must have strong communication and business skills, and should be majoring in public relations, communications, advertising, marketing, business, or journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing and computer skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only intern's proficient with Microsoft Office applications should apply.
• Excellent writing and computer skills
• Conversant with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, Google+, Buffer, etc.)
• Interest in the nonprofit sector, especially in the communications and development area, a plus
• Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Cloud - specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, is a plus
• Experience with photography, creating videos, knowledge of photo editing is desired
• Organized & detailed
• Content Development: story research, writing & design (print and electronic), interviewing skills, video creation
• Data development and analysis
• Experience working in the nonprofit sector and with vulnerable populations
• Experience managing social media networks, analytics analysis
Ten (10) hours per week is desired. Specific days are flexible, Tuesday - Friday. Chief Communications Officer will work with students, especially those who wish to receive course credit through their college/university for this internship.
$12 per hour, up to 150 hours per semester (averages 10 hours per week)*
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample (English paper, class project, etc.) to:
Rochelle Schlortt, Chief Communications Officer
228 North Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
------------ Direct Phone, ------------ Reception, ------------ Fax
It is the policy of Catholic Charities to staff positions with the best qualified people irrespective of race, color, national origin, age, gender, disability or veteran status. In addition, policies that affect employees will be carried out without regard for these factors.