InsightLA Meditation is a nonprofit meditation center teaching the highest quality evidence-based mindfulness practices throughout the Greater Los Angeles area. We have centers in Santa Monica, East Hollywood, Benedict Canyon (Beverly Hills), Big Bear, and Long Beach with dozens of class offerings daily.
For 17 years, we have offered classes, retreats, and special events in an open and welcoming community. We strive to make mindfulness practices accessible to all communities with the intention to be inclusive across, race, gender, sexual orientation, immigration status, gender identity, religion, body size, ability, age, and class. We offer a safe place for regular regular meditation groups including POC (people of color), mindful whiteness, queer, transgender, aging, youngish adults, and immigrants. #youcansitwithus
Our work is rooted in ancient traditions supported by evidence-based science, and we offer both Buddhist and secular classes. All of our efforts are dedicated toward our mission of calming minds, opening hearts, and changing the world.
We hold a firm policy that no one will be turned away for lack of funds. About 80% of our expenses are covered by revenue from classes, retreats, and special events. The remainder of our operating expenses are covered by the tax-deductible gifts from generous donors.
We are seeking help in:
1. Google AdWords - $10k/month grant
2. Facebook strategy and posting
3. Instagram strategy and posting
4. Copywriting for blog posts, website, grant writing, and/or articles for publications
5. Digital graphic design - fb covers, print material, digital banner ads
6. Video media filming/editing - thank you to our donors, call to action to our potential donors, etc
7. Newsletter - segmenting and increase open/click ratings
8. Website UX - new website launch this summer
-discounted/scholarships to our offerings (special events, classes, daylongs, retreats, etc)
-tea/snacks at our East Hollywood office
Strong preference to applicants with a meditation practice. Please include example(s) of your successful social media accounts/campaigns (if applicable).
social media, facebook, instagram, adwords, copywriting, graphic design, video, newsletter, ux