The SEIU Local 73 Communications Fellowship is designed to give communicators at the beginning of their careers a chance to have real life experience on the front lines of communications in the labor movement. Our staff mentors the Fellow as they work alongside our staff to develop and implement leading communications strategies to move forward our vision of dignity and worth of all workers.
Not your typical internship, SEIU Local 73 Communications Fellowship program presents its participants with a tangible opportunity to nurture and use the skills needed to succeed in a career centered on progressive communications. The Fellowship program runs for 3 months and is a full time position. We are currently recruiting for fall 2019. The Fellow receives compensation of $9,000 during participation.
The Fellow will assist with the following key responsibilities:
• Develop a digital strategy to increase online engagement, including site upkeep, sign-ups, actions, social media followers, etc.
• The development and release of all web content and social media posts to ensure timeliness and message consistency.
• Monitor the search engine optimization of the website and produce monthly reports on all digital channels to help analyze the effectiveness of digital initiatives and guide the development and creation of future initiatives.
• Manage email production, including design, copywriting, editing, data, deployment, etc.
• Perform other duties as required to support departmental goals.
• BA or BS, MA or MS in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism or related field in the process or recently completed.
• Exceptional writing skills as well as verbal and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to understand and tailor messages to an audience.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• Graphic design experience preferred.
To apply, submit a CV, a brief writing sample, three letters of reference, and a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position to Jesús Canchola Sánchez at ------------.
Communications, Labor, Union, Fellowship