Commercial Real Estate Assistant
We are a boutique real estate investment company that currently owns office and apartment properties throughout West Los Angeles, Northeast Los Angeles and San Francisco.
This is an ideal job for a recent graduate interested in real estate. However, this position could also be an excellent transition opportunity for someone looking to gain experience but also may return back to graduate or law school, or want to change careers. This position is for an expanded internship assistant role. Our office is located in Bel Air, close to the UCLA campus.
Since we are boutique real estate firm, constantly evolving and growing, we provide numerous opportunities for training of new skills. One-on-one supervision and group collaboration in our office is provided in order to assist our new team member in their responsibilities.
Responsibilities – Commercial & Residential Leasing:
• Arrange marketing and promotion efforts over and above that provided by leasing brokers.
• Provide support in gathering market reports and preparing quarterly property updates for investors.
• Inspect properties for curb appeal, attractiveness and overall appearance.
• Conduct comparable market research of apartment units up for lease.
• Gather and submit documents related to cost recovery projects to the City.
Responsibilities – Project Management:
• Go down to City planning and/or Department of Building & Safety to pull files and conduct research.
• Contact vendors, suppliers and contractors; prepare plan specs; bid out projects; source materials.
• Follow up with vendors, contractor, and other relationships to make sure tasks get completed on their assigned timeline.
• Prepare plan notes, work orders, vendor contracts.
• Follow up with vendors, contractors, and other relationships to make sure tasks get completed on their assigned timeline.
Responsibilities – Analytics:
• Solicit brokers for real estate deals and prepare analyses.
• Learn how to navigate Yardi accounting system and retrieve information.
• Research real estate comps, demographics, and statistics.
• Work with real estate spreadsheets in excel.
• Do budgeting spreadsheets and real estate accounting.
Responsibilities – Other
• Answering phones, filing, digitizing, data input, follow up, market research.
• Work to resolve City problems related to properties like parking, trash and homeless by contacting City officials, vendors, etc.
• Assist asset manager, acquisition director, controller, project managers in their duties.
• Prepare marketing materials, brochures and ads for lease or financing of properties.
• Research investment opportunities such as municipal bonds, treasury bills and certificate of deposits.
• Assist office manager in day to day needs of the office if they arise.
The ideal candidate will possess at least the following:
• UCLA Graduates Preferred
• Strong analytical and communication skills with an emphasis on teamwork.
• Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high
• Minimum BA college degree.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Must be extremely well organized and detail-oriented.
• Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
• We are a smaller office and provide individual, specialized training; therefore we ask candidates to commit to between 9-12 months to this position.
Schedule and Compensation:
Schedule: Part time and/or Full time - Monday-Friday
Start Date: October 2019
Hourly Wage: Paid as an employee; between $20-22/hour
Commercial Real Estate, Full Time, Internship