Child Care Assistant
Under the direction of the Site Coordinator, the Y’s Kids Child Care Assistant is responsible for
aiding in the supervision of participants. Y’s Kids Child Care Assistants will assist the Site
Coordinator in the daily administration of program curriculum, including: administering games and
activities, attending field trips, providing daily feedback to the Site Coordinator and parents,
completing and maintaining daily logs, and ensuring the delivery of a fun experience in a safe
1. Supervises and ensures the safety of all participants at all times. This includes ensuring
participants are properly hydrated, playing in areas that are free of hazards, etc.
2. Assists the Site Coordinator in the planning, organization, implementation, and supervision of
activities, games, and experiences.
3. Leads and participates in activities, games, and experiences with all participants, including
swimming lessons or free swim time.
4. Tracks attendance and performs head counts of participants throughout the day.
5. Prepares and distributes snacks/meals to participants in accordance to the YMCA of the USA’s
Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Guidelines and requirements of the DuPage County Health
6. Maintains a positive relationship with staff, peers, participants, parents, vendors, and
7. Demonstrates confidentiality of participant and agency information.
8. Demonstrates the capacity to make sound decisions and effectively communicate with
participants, parents, vendors, volunteers, and other staff members.
9. Responsible for any equipment and materials used.
10. Responsible for following and enforcing all guidelines of Tri-Town YMCA.
11. Responsible for cleaning activity areas during and at the conclusion of programming.
12. Prepares and submits incident reports, attendance reports, timesheets, and any other required
13. Interacts with parents/guardians during drop-off and pick-up times.
14. Communicates problems, concerns, and changes in schedule to the Site Coordinator.
15. Communicates any behavioral or disciplinary problems to the attention of the Site Coordinator.
16. Attends and participates in staff trainings and meetings.
17. Supports and embodies the core values and mission of Tri-Town YMCA.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must have and/or be able to obtain valid First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications by first day of
3. Must complete DCFS Mandated Reporter certification within first seven days of employment.
4. Must complete and pass a criminal background check prior to start of employment.
5. Must have the ability to read, write, and organize materials in English.
6. Must be able to supervise participants and have safety awareness.
7. Proficient ability to work independently and with teams.
8. Previous experience working in a group setting supervising children is preferred.
9. Public speaking, organization, and leading small and large groups is preferred.
10. Computer skills in Microsoft Office is preferred.
11. Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work weekdays August through June from 6:30
am – 6:30 pm.
child care, ymca, illinois