Business Development Internship
Business Development Intern
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Manassas, Virginia; (Primary Site) (Secondary sites as needed)
The Maasai Group, LLC is looking for a business development intern to help the company identify potential business opportunities, develop and implement growth opportunities, and increase sales through lead generation, marketing and other strategies.
The business development intern may be responsible for building a portfolio/search criterion for searching various online opportunity generators (FedBizOpps; GovWin, etc.) to identify prospective opportunities or customers or partner companies. The goal is to gain valuable work experience and skills to start a career in business development.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Government Experience is desired
• Must be Currently Enrolled Student- Graduate/Undergraduate or have recently obtained a business or marketing degree
• 3.0 GPA or higher is preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Suite
• Preference given to Military Veterans/Spouses
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
OTHER SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze business goals, objectives, and needs
• Help plan and design business processes and make recommendations for improvement
• Perform research and analysis in support of operations to identify potential opportunities
• Assist in resolving business issues using systems and data
• Estimate costs and benefits of multiple actions and/or solutions and provide recommendations
• Help launch new initiatives
• Communicate with internal leads and possibly external clients through a variety of methods including networking, calling, social media outlets, etc.
• Schedule meeting presentations with internal leads to qualify opportunity
• Participate in company strategy sessions and BD meetings
• May perform additional projects upon request
These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
• Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
• Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds
THE MAASAI GROUP, LLC. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.