Business Development Internship
Business Development / Start-up Intern
Dashing in the city, a one-stop gifting solution which curates and delivers gifts on-demand, is looking for a business development intern. The company is in the process of raising a first round of funding and setting up new infrastructure through partnerships with stores.
Candidates should have a strong interest in ecommerce, marketplaces, high-end products & services, and start-ups in general. They should be able to adapt to the evolving needs of a start-up and be comfortable with project-based tasks. They must be passionate about entrepreneurship and delivering flawless products & services.
This position reports directly to the founders of the company. This will be a unique opportunity for the business development intern to work alongside seasoned executives, with experience in both the corporate and entrepreneurial world.
Scope of work:
The Business Development Intern will assist with the following tasks:
• Assist in investor outreach. Maintain database of start-up programs. Support the writing of applications and pitch materials as needed.
• Support meetings with retail partners. Identify and keep track of partner relationships.
• Handle website updates, especially new product uploads, as well as added features in coordination with Dashing’s web developer
• Develop social media content for Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook
• Monitor and analyze competitive landscape
• Support offline marketing events planning strategy and execution
• Support operations on an as needed basis, such as customer support, order fulfillment
You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent Excel skills, especially the ability to handle large databases
• Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills
• Naturally organized and detail oriented
• Customer centric – ability to handle customers and resolve order related issues
• Creative skills - digital and social media competency
• Team player, adaptable, ready to work in ambiguous environment
Education and Work experience:
This position is open to applicants studying for a business, marketing, entrepreneurship, or fashion degree. Candidates from other backgrounds with prior work experience will be assessed on a merit basis.
The Business Development Intern will work out of Dashing in the city’s coworking location in the Village (7th Ave South & 10th St.). You will need your own laptop.
The internship can begin ASAP with a part-time (3 days) or full-time (5 days) commitment.
This is an unpaid internship. Dashing in the city does support obtaining academic credit.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and two references.
business development, start-up, Internship, new york, new york city, marketing, retail, ecommerce