Fall Fellowship, GreenLight Fund Bay Area
Since its founding in 2004, GreenLight has worked at the intersection of social innovation and community need. GreenLight focuses on identifying the most urgent barriers to economic mobility for low-income residents in our communities and addressing them by selecting and bringing in the country’s best social innovations that have proven impact. We do this by running a process in our communities that bring together key local leaders to:
• Identify critical needs
• Find and bring into the community innovative, entrepreneurial social programs that can have a significant, measurable impact addressing those needs, and
• Galvanize local support to help programs reach and sustain impact in the new city.
We have run this selection and importation process in our eight sites: Atlanta, Boston, San Francisco Bay Area, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Detroit, Charlotte and Kansas City. Collectively, portfolio organizations across our sites are reaching more than 75,000 individuals annually with proven, life-changing programs. This number is growing exponentially as we add new sites and new portfolio organizations across our sites.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit xxx-xxx-xxxx.
GreenLight Fund Bay Area is seeking an entrepreneurial, organized, and research-focused fellow who works independently and has experience/interest in serving children and families in the Bay Area. The Bay Area Fellow will, in partnership with GreenLight Fund Bay Area’s Associate, oversee and execute various projects associated with the Bay Area’s signature annual event, NEXT Gala, support the search for the Bay Area’s sixth portfolio organization and assist with site communications as needed perform related communications writing as needed.
The Bay Area fellow will touch the many different parts of GreenLight’s work—including event preparation and planning, portfolio research, creating content for social media and newsletters, and supporting other needs as the opportunities arise. This position will report to the Bay Area Associate.
NEXT 2019 Event
• Assist with various documents associated with the event (shot list, PowerPoint PPT, talking points, etc.)
• Assist with social media event plan
• Assist with collecting sponsorship information throughout the execution of the event
• Assist with RSVPs and data input into Salesforce
• In-person presence required on November 7 for night-of event assistance
• Conduct issue area research
• Conduct research on nonprofit organizations
• Compile ongoing data and metrics
• Create content for Bay Area’s social media platforms
• Maintain and contribute to GreenLight Fund Bay Area’s blog, Twitter account and e- newsletter
• Data management support
Capacity Building and Administration
• Overall assistance with data entry and database management/organization as needed
• Identify other personal growth areas to integrate into the role
• Bring joy to your work and the team
• We are excited to hire someone who brings their own ideas to this position—once on board, it will be encouraged to find a project/area that you are passionate about and work with a supervisor to establish a work plan to complete it
• Experience/interest in serving children, youth and families in the Bay Area
• Interest in philanthropy and social justice
• Research experience preferred
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Self-starter who is eager to take the lead on projects
• This is a remote, virtual position and fellow must be comfortable with a work from home arrangement with occasional in-person meetings in Oakland
• Bring joy to your work and the team!
Compensation and Timeline
Expected start date is late August/early September 2019 through January 2020 with flexibility including short-term and/or possibility for extension beyond January. Work week is 15-20 hours with flexibility and opportunities for professional development.
Compensation for this position is a $1,600 stipend.
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, as a single PDF attachment, addressed to Stacie Mills, Bay Area Associate at xxx-xxx-xxxx with the subject “Bay Area Fellowship.”
Accepting applications through June 10, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at