Serves members and guests during banquets by providing information about food and beverage offerings, presenting selections and maintaining banquet room ambiance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Utilizes “ACE Service Absolutes” by acknowledging, greeting and thanking all members and guests
• Prepares room for banquet by assisting in setup of tables, chairs, linens, table settings; maintaining cleanliness of table linens, table settings and glassware; preparing condiments (coffee creamers, sugar caddies, salt and pepper shakers, salad dressings, etc.) and conducting additional preparation side work as required
• Assists members and guests by offering cocktails or other beverages, describing menu items, identifying wine pairings, answering food preparation questions, delivering selections (including accompaniments and garnishes where appropriate, ensuring that all orders meet proper presentation and quality standards), inquiring as to member/guest satisfaction, anticipating additional needs (refilling beverages, where appropriate), removing courses as completed, replacing utensils as needed, respond to all member/guest requests professionally and with a positive attitude
• Maintains smooth operation of banquet facility by keeping all work areas clean and safe, assisting in break-down of banquet rooms following events, completing closing side work as required
• Ensures timely delivery of foods and beverages by demonstrating familiarity with: refrigerator, coffee maker, soda dispenser, ice machine, hot box, dishwasher, ice cream dispenser
• Assists kitchen staff in delivery of proper food counts by determining the number of food items required for complete service
• Assures safe and timely delivery of food and beverage by practicing safe and efficient use of trays and tray stands
• Maintains a pleasant dining atmosphere by communicating professionally with members, guests and co-workers
• Implements and supports all American Golf initiatives and programs as requested by management
• Other duties may be assigned by management
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent experience preferred
• 1-year of experience in a fast-paced, food service environment preferred
• Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcoholic beverages, applicable state card or certificate must be provided if required by state law
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, perform multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently
• Demonstrate an understanding of food, food ingredients, food preparation methods, proper food storage, sanitation requirements and basic bar terminology
• Knowledge of applicable liquor and smoking laws
• Ability to determine signs of intoxication
• Knowledge of safety policies and procedures
• Effective communication skills, strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Basic math skills
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, read, hear, talk, balance, climb, use hands, use fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste, smell, push or pull. The employee must be able to lift or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high or precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electric shock, sharp objects, extreme heat and/or open flame. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.