Studio Intern Needed
Ideal candidate is a current BFA student or recent grad looking to gain insight and experience in painting.
Responsibilities include hands on studio tasks:
- prepping canvases with gesso,dye, and glue
- hang binding and sewing
- packing and unpacking artworks
- assisting with deliveries and shipments logistics
And administrative support:
- corresponding with galleries and material suppliers
- administrative organizational tasks including but not limited to: updating mailing lists, creating e-blasts, designing postcards for print and digital publicity
Attention to detail a must.The intern can expect to gain first hand knowledge of the behind-the-scenes functioning of a working artist’s studio.
Position is once or twice a week (depending on availability) for 8 hours per day.
The internship is paid, compensation is based off of experience. Lunch will be provided. Studio is located in Bushwick.
Please send your resume and samples of you work.
Painting, Internship, Studio, Paid