INDIRA CESARINE (http://indiracesarine.com) is currently reviewing applications for an internship position working directly with her on art and photography productions, as well as assisting with coordination of her exhibitions, archives, and media.
About INDIRA CESARINE
Indira Cesarine is a multidisciplinary artist who works with photography, video, painting, printmaking and sculpture. Her work as an artist has been featured internationally at many art galleries, museums and festivals, including The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Mattatuck Museum, Albany Institute of History and Art, CICA Museum, San Luis Obispo Museum, French Embassy Cultural Center, Art Basel Miami, Cannes Film Festival and the International Festival Photo Mode to name a few. In 2014, her public art sculpture, “The Egg of Light” was exhibited at Rockefeller Center as part of the Fabergé Big Egg Hunt. Her work was auctioned at Sotheby’s New York for the annual “Take Home A Nude” art benefits in 2017 and 2018, and at Artwalk NY 2018 benefiting the Coalition for the Homeless. Cesarine’s artwork was also featured at SCOPE Art Basel (Switzerland) and SCOPE Miami in 2018, as well as SPRING/BREAK Art Show in 2018 and 2019. Recent exhibitions of her work include the 26th Annual Watermill Center Benefit and Auction, July 2019, HERFLAG presented at Albany Museum in July, 2019, and Hudson Valley Museum of Contemporary Art, August 2019. She have been featured internationally in many publications including American Vogue, Vogue Italia, NY Times, Forbes, Newsweek, W Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar, Dazed and Confused, New York Magazine, i-D Magazine, and The Huffington Post among many others.
A graduate of Columbia University with a triple major in Art History, French and Women’s Studies, she additionally studied art and photography at Parson’s School of Design, International Center of Photography, School of Visual Arts, The Art Students League and New York Academy of Art. Cesarine had her first solo show at the age of sixteen at Paul Mellon Arts Center. She began working as a photographer from the age of seventeen, shooting for top modeling agencies Elite, Ford and IMG while she completed her degree. Upon graduation from university, she continued her career in London where she was awarded photography commissions by Vogue, GQ, Harper’s Bazaar and many other international titles while still in her early twenties. As a photographer, she focused on creating empowering images of women that encapsulated strength, sensitivity, and intelligence. Over the past twenty years, her photography has been published in hundreds of international magazines. Cesarine has been featured internationally on TV shows and networks such as E! TV, Entertainment Tonight, MTV, Inside Edition, HBO, The Ricki Lake Show, iTV (UK), High Society, H&M Life TV, Ford Supermodel of The World, Make Me a Supermodel US and UK editions, and Fashion One TV. Her work as a director has included music videos, documentary shorts, fashion, and video art films.
After 15 years of working as a photographer between New York, London, and Paris, in 2009, she shifted her focus from fashion photography to contemporary art. That same year she launched online publication, “XXXX Magazine” which was comprised predominately of original short films and video art productions. The magazine was re-launched in 2011 as the globally distributed print publication “The Untitled Magazine” of which she is currently editor-in-chief. Her work for the magazine, which presents exclusive interviews with inspirational artists, as well as articles on contemporary culture, includes overseeing all creative direction and content, as well as contributing as a photographer and journalist. Ever-expanding her creative vision, in 2015 she broadened her work to include art curatorial and founded The Untitled Space art gallery as a platform supporting women in art. She continues to explore her creative vision as an artist vis-a-vis traditional and new mediums and finds strength in examining new ideas in contemporary culture.
For more information visit ------------
CV + ARTIST STATEMENT ------------
PRESS LINKS ------------
ENTERTAINMENT PORTRAITURE ------------
– Must be available for a minimum of 3 – 6 months (full time or part-time) for minimum 3-5 days per week to qualify for the internship.
– Hours are 10am - 6pm, we do not allow partial days except under special circumstances.
- Candidates must live in New York area during course of internship and be available for an interview (in person or online). We do not offer remote internships at this time.
– Work experience or educational focus in one of the following: Photography, Studio Art, Design, Public Relations and Marketing, or related field of study.
– Passion for art and culture
– Possess excellent written and verbal communication
– Have a positive attitude and strong social skills
– Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
– Have working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word & Excel), Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress
– Fluent in English, other languages such as French or Italian are a plus
– Strong knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest.
– Must own a smartphone and laptop
Daily responsibilities could include:
- Assist with art and photography production
- Assist with magazine / editorial shoots
- Assist with coordination of exhibitions
- Assist with archives of works
- Assist with marketing materials, books and art catalogs
- Assist with art handling and shipping
- Assist with social media and communications
- Assist with exhibit openings, events and special projects
Please send a link to your website or blog if you have one, your resume and please detail your previous experience and qualifications.
The internship includes a daily stipend or school credit if relevant.
Art, Photography, Internship