Art gallery Intern
The Selects Gallery is currently looking for highly motivated college or graduate-level interns for the Spring/summer 2020 season
(with a possibility to extend into Winter 2020/21).
We are looking for interns to begin in June and commit to a minimum of two days. We will work to accommodate your schedule to the best of our ability.
About us: The Selects Gallery (www.theslectsgallery.com) opened over a year ago and is based in NYC. It was founded by former executive Marie Audier D’Alessandris.
The gallery’s mission is to unearth the hidden gems of Fashion photography and create a platform to discover the works of renowned international photographers. With the major shifts in the media world, we will all soon be nostalgic about that incredible creative talent that was bubbling on a set and populated major glossies. The Selects combs through the archives of past and present beauty and fashion images and displays them within thematic exhibitions in extensive formats.
• Degree in Art History or related subject
• Interest in Art and Curatorship
• Highly organized and attentive to details
• Good communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop
• Excellent writing skills
• Expertise in social media management
Duties: You will assist with:
• Managing and maintaining the gallery’s online presence both on social media and on other dedicated platforms
• Keeping our website up to date in regard to rotating exhibitions, artist opportunities, residencies, etc.
• Photographing (& editing) opening receptions and events (having your own camera NOT required). Assisting in the creation of mailers.
• Realize virtual exhibitions through Photoshop and 3D tools
• Developing content for our communication platforms: email, social media, e-commerce site, managing and growing our community of users, shaping our brand identity through our blog, email database, social media
• Conceive design and develop content to present the gallery and documentation for our product
• Support with daily operations of our gallery
• Organizing events if relevant, pop-ups and shows and related communication stream
Working closely with the founder - the intern will have a unique opportunity to be a part of the daily operations of our gallery, observing, learning, and participating in everything from small logistical steps to overarching strategy evaluations. We are a small team and this position would provide the qualified intern with a well-rounded experience in a variety of areas of the gallery world with a strong focus on online.
The specific benefits include:
• Monthly hour-long one-on-one mentorship sessions with one of our staff members, if requested by the intern
• Opportunity to informally (and virtually) meet artists represented by the gallery
• Help writing a cover letter, resume, and planning the next professional steps
• Support in efforts to arrange for academic credit
Internship, art, gallery, photography, fashion, communication, e-commerce
gallery, photography, Internship, events, social media, communication