Southern Star is currently seeking highly motivated and energetic students to join our team as Accounting Interns. Interns are exposed to a variety of project-based assignments which allow them to add value to the Company.
This position offers a variety of opportunities including basic accounting tasks related to modeling, analytical, and presentation development. Activities can include but are not limited to supporting varied and diverse ad hoc strategy related projects that may relate to products and market opportunities.
Interns will typically support one or more experienced Accountants in the performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual financial processes, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as experience the day-to-day workings of modeling. They may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which help them build a strong network within the Southern Star community and with fellow interns.
A taxable housing stipend may be provided to obtain housing near the Southern Star work location if the successful candidate’s permanent home address and current college address is determined by Southern Star to be greater than reasonable driving distance from the assigned work location.
This is a paid summer internship. Summer internships are 12-weeks in length and start no earlier than May 4th, 2020, and no later than May 18th, 2020. End date no later than August 14th, 2020
• Assist in financial analysis and modeling
• Learning and understanding of corporate finance, financial modeling, and analytical tools
• Assist in the review of income statements, balance sheets and cash flows to assist with trend analysis and identification of operational risks and/or opportunities
• Assist in the ad hoc project analysis as assigned to support the finance team
Qualifications: To be considered for the accounting Summer internship:
• You must be 18 years of age by the start of the summer internship assignment and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 after each completed semester/term.
• You must be a US Citizen or US person
• Sophomore candidate must be in second year of discipline studies
• Junior and Senior candidates on track to graduate with a bachelor’s/master’s degree
• Major in Accounting or Finance
• Plan to pursue a career in Accounting
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is a leading transporter of natural gas to America’s heartland, providing quality service since 1904. At Southern Star, our people are our greatest asset with growth and personal development at the forefront of our focus. We’re committed to building a culture for everyone to do meaningful work and be recognized for their efforts. We’re an established company known as an employer of choice in our industry and recognized for safety, credibility and integrity.
How to Apply:
Please go to the following link to apply: ------------