Marketing and Communications Intern
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing and Communications Intern to help us develop our new International Academy of Nutrition Educators membership scheme over the Summer 2019 (June to August 2019, with possible extension). The candidate would be working remotely. The candidate would be reporting directly to the Lead of the IANE Scheme.
If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in social media, content marketing and development, then we want to work with you! Your work will include designing and implementing a communications plan to develop our new International Academy of Nutrition Educators membership scheme, that is currently in its pilot phase and spans a global reach of more than 20 000 people. You will be designing and preparing promotional material, monitoring social platforms, and working to increase the number of members participating in this scheme. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities and be able to work across time zones. The successful candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms.
Ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, hardworking, social media and web-savvy, and brimming with ideas about creative ways to engage audiences in the organization’s mission. While assisting with a wide range of projects, interns will gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of marketing and development, while also gaining a good understanding of a prestigious research organization, University of Cambridge.
Accepted candidates with have the opportunity to work with leading professionals in the field of medical nutrition, be part of a dynamic and innovative team, contribute to a leading organisation affiliated with the prestigious University of Cambridge, will receive recognition through publications and magazine articles and have ownership on their own project.
Who are we?
NNEdPro Global Centre for Nutrition and Health is an award-winning, interdisciplinary think-tank, training academy and knowledge network anchored in Cambridge UK which provides a centre for global excellence. Our work has focused on developing adaptable and scalable models for medical nutrition education combining clinical/public health knowledge with leadership training to aid implementation in healthcare settings.
We have recently launched the International Academy of Nutrition Educators (IANE) membership scheme where we would like to create a network of professionals within the nutrition community who all share the vision to integrate nutrition into healthcare practice. Work underpinning the IANE has been consistently recognised through numerous awards over the years, including a joint prize from the Nutrition Society and British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (2010), the Complete Nutrition Outstanding Achievement Award (2015) and the Medical Nutrition International Industry Award in conjunction with the European Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (2017).
There are numerous opportunities for the intern to attend professional conferences, contribute to conference abstracts and papers, and gain recognition through academic avenues. Please read more here: ------------
• Assist with daily administrative duties consisting of answering emails from the Lead of IANE, coordinating with the IANE Administrator as well as the MarComms team of NNEdPro, and at times liaising with external collaborators
• Provide weekly updates on deliverables to the Lead of IANE via email or instant messaging
• Design and present new social media campaign ideas to advertise the IANE scheme publicly
• Prepare and draft detailed promotional material ranging from blog posts, social media graphics, information flyers, posters, banners etc needed to promote IANE membership scheme as well as merchandise for conferences
• Develop and execute a marketing and communications plan that can be implemented in the long term to market the Membership Scheme.
• Manage and monitor the Mailchimp database
• Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
• Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
• Currently enrolled or recent graduate from a formal course for Marketing, Communications, Digital Media or similar field.
• Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms including Mailchimp.
• Experience with graphic design and an eye for creativity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outstanding multitasking abilities and be able to deliver tasks within timely fashion
• Ability to work fast within short deadlines
• Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision
Please send your cover letter and resume to Shivani Bhat, Lead of IANE Membership Scheme at ------------ by June 15th, 2019. This position would begin immediately until August 31, 2018, with possible extension based on the candidate’s performance and funding.
marketing, communications, graphic design, Internship, unpaid, summer job, social media