Chicago Innovation is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the team as a Winter Intern starting in January 2019.
Established in 2002, Chicago Innovation has grown from the Chicago Innovation Awards, an annual celebration of new products and services, to a year-long series of events and activities designed to educate, connect and celebrate innovation in the Chicago region. The organization’s expansion has included formation of the Chicago Innovation Women Mentoring Co-op to support female innovators, the Chicago Student Invention Convention to teach the innovation process to students in K-8th grade, Corporate Start-up Matchmaking to connect large corporations with emerging start-ups, and other activities aimed at stimulating innovation in the Chicago region.
The Winter Intern would have exposure to and be involved in the following activities over the course of the entire internship:
- Researching start-ups that meet the needs of large corporations
- Chicago Innovation event support including promotional activities, identifying strategic partners, venue research and on-site event execution
- Website support involving the creation of an innovation content video library
- Supporting the growth of the Women Mentoring Co-op, including identifying potential sponsors, analyzing impact data and other program logistics
- Advancing the growth of the Chicago Student Invention Convention including teacher/school recruitment, identifying potential funders, and program support
- Graphic design support for Chicago Innovation social media and e-newsletter
This is a paid internship. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to ------------.