It's great to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At First Place for Youth we're committed to bringing passion and Client (Youth) focus to the business of making a meaningful impact. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to value our employees, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is investment in others. We value in creating an environment so that each one of us can succeed in our personal and professional goals.
The Youth Advocate works as part of a team to support youth and their families, particularly foster youth. Youth Advocates work with youth in their environments, building support systems, connecting them to resources, and helping them with their behavioral and mental health goals. The primary goal of our program is to provide foster youth with services that will increase safety, stability, and permanency.
• Provide Case management and develop partnership strategy with each youth.
• Provides direct support, coaching, mentoring and intervention to increase youth self-sufficiency and goal attainment.
• Collaborates with community providers including county workers, courts, professionals, vocational and independent living skills in programs, schools, family members and significant others.
• Completes documentation including but not limited to: Care and Services plans, needs assessments, and progress notes.
• Master's Degree in a discipline to be eligible to register with the BBS as an ASW, MFTi, or LPCi and working toward professional licensure.
• Experience working with transition age youth with complex presentations including chronic trauma preferred. Experience does not substitute for professional degree and/ certification.
• Must be comfortable working in community settings.
• Must have a valid driver's license and have the ability and skill to drive a vehicle.
>Increased Compensation Package, with an additional $ 5000 salary increase for licensure.
>Comprehensive benefits package, including 90% paid premium for medical and well as 70 % paid premiums for dependents.
>15 vacation days ,12 sick days 10 holidays and 2 floating days per year
>401k retirement plan with 3.5% employer match after 1 year of service
>Employer-paid Employee Assistance program.
>Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance towards licensure.
>Opportunities to develop specialized skills, including clinical supervision and evidence-based practices
>Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a salary increase each year
About the Company
First Place for Youth is the largest agency in California dedicated exclusively to providing access to affordable housing and resources for transition-age foster youth and has grown to become a nationally recognized model. Founded in 1998, First Place seeks to help foster youth build the skills they need to make a successful transition to self-suﬃciency and responsible adulthood. Through its ﬂagship program, My First Place™, and other supporting programs, First Place supports at-risk foster youth at a critical time in their lives when they are learning to support themselves. We currently serve youth in six California counties (Alameda, San Francisco, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano and Los Angeles). In Fiscal Year 2018, we served 1,697 youth overall and provided housing and intensive support services through the My First Place program to 572 youth.
Apply and see if you have what it takes to be part of the team that wants to make a difference in the lives of the young people it serves!
To apply please click on the following link
For more information about First Place please visit our website at ------------.
Case Management, social work , direct service