This position is responsible for greeting customers promptly and courteously and acts as the face of Folino Estate Vineyard & Winery. They are responsible for contributing to all wine, wine tasting and retail gift shop sales goals. They will assist in daily operations and special events, stocking wine and retail merchandise in the tasting room, and educating guests on all Folino Estate products as well as creating a positive, memorable experience every step of the way.
• Strong knowledge of wines and wine service
• Strong communication skills
• Must be dependable, reliable and motivated.
• Computer knowledge a must
• 2 years minimum Winery / Tasting Room experience
• A team player and possess “can do” leadership attitude
• Highly motivated, independent, and able to take direction well
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Ability to listen and communicate with all guests and team members
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Detail oriented with excellent organization skills
Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrates strong understanding and skill in using the Vin65 POS system and can
• Educating visitors on Folino Estate’s wines, our events, and how they can receive more information.
• Introduces all customers to the retail gift items and options available
• Promote the wine club to all visitors
• Maintain a clean and organized wine tasting area and retail gift area.
• Restocking wines and all retail items.
• Washing glassware, wiping counters, wine bar, tables, etc., emptying trash and recycling, basic cleaning duties
• Other duties as necessary, i.e. harvesting, working in the winery, shipping of wine for online orders, labeling wines, etc.)
• Provide excellent customer service and an unforgettable wine tasting experience
• Greet and welcome all guests as they enter the Tasting Room; invite them for a tasting or to learn more about Folino Estate wine products and gift items
• Always invites visitors to return.
• Provide the latest information on the wines, techniques, etc. and be able to respond to visitor questions.
Key Performance Indicators
• Helps contribute to wine tasting, .wine and gift shop sales goals
• Is a strong team player and maintains open and clear communication
• Consistently receives positive feedback from customers
• Handles customer complaints in a professional and supportive manner
• Maintains accurate cash drawer
• Preforms all key holder procedures accurately
• Maintains a good on-time and attendance record
Must be available to work Wednesday to Sunday and holidays
Must be able to work special events.
Experience with wine desirable but not essential
Positive attitude, good conversational skills and enjoys working with the guests.
Fluent in English.
Able to engage the guests in a clear and professional manner.
Be willing and able to work well under pressure.
Work in high paced work environment.
Ability to multitask.
• Able to work ten hour-plus shifts, with extended standing/walking.
• Capable of lifting materials and/or product up to 50 pounds or more.
• Competitive compensation package
• Medical insurance options
• Company dining program
• Clear path for growth and career advancement
• Excellent opportunity with growing brand
This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however, it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
It is the policy of Folino Estate to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.
Host, Hostess, busser, waiter, waitress, and food runner