UEI is a rapidly growing manufacturer of computer-based measurement and control (I/O) products. We are poised for incredible growth and looking to add several key positions to our Sales Team. To support this growth, we are looking to hire and train 1-2 entry-level Sales Engineers who will support our field Sales team and help develop customer relationships. This is an excellent opportunity for new grads who are looking to use their engineering degree but prefer working directly with people... our customers!
Based in our Walpole, MA headquarters and reporting to the Director of Sales, our Inside Sales Engineers will be responsible for a wide variety of sales-related activities following an extensive training program. Our training begins on the technical side… during your initial months you will learn all about our products and how they can benefit our customers. The second phase of our training program focuses on the Sales process. You will learn how to find, approach, and present to potential customers.
• Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts
• Reach out to potential business targets by phone, email and webinar.
• Identify decision makers for targeted leads and begin the sales process
• Use your networking skills to gain potential customers from known contacts
• Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine strategy for sales approach
• Assist Director of Sales in various facets of account call preparation
• Deliver qualified opportunities to field team members
• Ensure team follow-up by providing complete profiles and action dates
• Maintain and update database of prospects and customer accounts in Salesforce
• Assist in creating RFPs for potential clients
• Demonstrate our hardware and software technologies to potential customers
• Assist field sales team in closing key accounts
• Make follow-up calls to develop and strengthen customer relationships
• Support marketing efforts such as trade shows, seminars and other events
• Handle unsolicited incoming calls from prospective customers
• Become well-versed on the features, applications and benefits of UEI products
• An associates or bachelor’s degree in engineering (EE or Computer Science is ideal) or several years of hands-on experience in an electronics’ manufacturing environment
• Domain experience in a DAQ, embedded control, test & measurement or related field
• Willingness to travel up to 20%
• An enthusiasm for hunting and prospecting sales leads
• The ability to persuade and explain technical information to all levels, using exceptional communication skills and a professional approach
• A confident, positive attitude and the thick skin needed for cold calling
• Ability to vet and qualify opportunities by communicating with key decision makers
• Advanced computer knowledge with a high level of technical aptitude
• Must be a US citizen able to work unrestricted in the US (no sponsorships at this time)
• Ability to instantly build rapport with customers and maintain those relationships
• Highly organized, self-disciplined and a quick learner
• Must reside or plan to reside within commuting distance of Walpole, MA
This role requires a tenacious hunter mentality along with technical skills and an enthusiasm for the sales process. Although this person may occasionally assist in other areas, the primary focus of this role is to support our Regional Sales Managers in the field.
Considerable training will be provided, but the successful candidate must bring related technical experience and a strong aptitude to quickly learn the basics of our DAQ, embedded control, test & measurement products as well as our business model. An engineering background is a definite advantage. Along the way, you are guaranteed to learn a lot about our industry and the industries of our customers. As we continue to grow, a promising career path will open for someone with an interest in Sales!
UEI offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a generous match as well as a tuition reimbursement program. Compensation will be based on experience and will include base salary plus a commission incentive for generating successful new leads. We believe our products will make that easy!
Help us build a world class sales organization around our full-solution, cutting edge products. Product applications can include: Space launch, Missile systems, Jet engine test, Oil and gas platforms, Automotive test, Flight simulators, Unmanned Vehicle control, Flight test, Mechanical stress testing, Ship/boat control, and many more. Check out our website at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Our technology is both exciting and challenging and because we are driven to find the best solutions for our customers we not only have customers for life... we also have employees for life!