A job for today, skills for tomorrow!
High Sierra Pools is hiring Summer Lifeguards and Pool Managers for pools near you in Alexandria! If you’ve got good swimming skills and are looking for a fun job where you can make a difference in your community, this is the job for you.
Flexible schedules available for high school and college students, teachers, parents, retirees and both full-time and part-time job seekers.
What do lifeguards do?
Lifeguards get paid to spend summer at the pool! They keep the pool sparkling clean, make sure patrons follow all safety rules, and help everyone enjoy summer at the pool. And of course, they’re fully trained to prevent, recognize and respond to any issues that might come up
What’s great about being a lifeguard?
Lifeguards make a difference! They learn important first-aid and people skills, while getting real-world job experience. A responsible position like lifeguarding looks great on a resume or college application. Plus, there’s opportunity for advancement, since we promote from within: nearly all our pool managers, area supervisors and full-time managers started out as High Sierra lifeguards!
What do pool managers do?
Pool managers work at larger facilities with several lifeguards on duty. They supervise daily operation and lifeguard staff, ensuring the pool runs smoothly. Prior lifeguarding experience is preferred, but we can review other job experience and discuss during your interview!
A few more job perks:
• Competitive pay – up to $15.5/hour for lifeguards at some facilities
• Not certified yet? No problem! We run courses and offer discounted pricing to our employees
• Flexible shifts – work part-time or full-time. Hours are typically mid-day shifts, but some pools offer split shifts
• Join in fun company events like a baseball outing, lifeguard Olympics, sports tournaments and more
• Work with friends (and get paid for it with our referral bonuses!)
• Employees who fulfill their summer commitment get a completion letter including work dates and job responsibilities
What are the job requirements?
• Valid Lifeguarding/First Aid, CPR-AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens certificates
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• A positive attitude: ready to help others and solve challenges
• Can be counted on: our team (and patrons!) depend on us all being reliable
• Must be able to meet the minimum swimming requirements for American Red Cross Lifeguarding or Shallow Water lifeguarding certification class. More info here: ------------
Apply to join our team at ------------ or call our recruiters at ------------ ext. 205 for more information!