Social Media Specialist
Position Title: Social Media Specialist
Inspired by Jewish values and ideals, MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger is a national advocacy organization working to end hunger among people of all faiths and backgrounds in the United States and Israel. Founded in 1985, MAZON, which means “food” in Hebrew, was the first national organization to rally the American Jewish community around the issue of hunger, and remains the only national Jewish organization dedicated exclusively to that same cause.
MAZON supports anti-hunger and advocacy programs in local communities across the United States and uses its influence and resources at the state and national levels to help people who are at risk of hunger. Through direct advocacy, pursuing public policy change, and addressing the stigma that surrounds hunger, we work to change the systems that allow hunger to persist.
Working with and listening to its broad network of anti-hunger, social justice, and Jewish community partners, MAZON identifies overlooked issues and vulnerable populations and finds policy solutions that meet unmet needs. We spotlight these issues, elevating them to the level of national conversation and placing them on the national policy agenda.
MAZON seeks a Social Media Specialist to lead our social media efforts in the United States and Israel. The Social Media Specialist will be fluent in both English and Hebrew and work in our Los Angeles office. This position reports to the Director of Communications and will be responsible for elevating the public’s and policymakers’ awareness of food insecurity in the U. S. and Israel; amplifying public education and other creative campaigns in both countries; and fostering and facilitating message delivery on MAZON’s social media platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the US-based Director of Communications and the Israel Program Director to develop and execute social media communications work plans
• Develop, produce and publish creative, engaging and brand-strong content for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram as appropriate for the U.S. and Israel platforms, including oversight of the layout of images, graphics, videos and digital artwork
• Monitor and analyze social media traffic to measure effectiveness and key performance indicators
• Creative and collaborative approach to digital media, including brainstorming for new initiatives and campaigns that are on-brand, authoritative, and outside-the-box.
• Drive traffic to the MAZON website. Build a community and increase brand awareness
• Explore the value of developing and managing a website for MAZON’s Israel programs and objectives on food security research, data, and policy information
• Ensure MAZON’s compliance with Israel’s copyright and privacy regulations on digital projects
• Launch a Hebrew MAZON Twitter account and develop it as a news tool to promote key initiatives and topics on food security, poverty and hunger in Israel
• Fluency in English and Hebrew required
• Minimum 2 years professional experience in social media program and platform management
• Proficiency in current social media user interface, algorithms, and trends
• Excellent writing, editing and copywriting skills in English and Hebrew
• Proven work experience in developing and editing digital content
• Digital campaign ideation and implementation a huge plus
• Experience managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube within the last five years
• Proficiency with MS Office, Mac OS X, and publishing tools
• Analytics experience preferred
• Experience working in a non-profit that engages in advocacy is highly desired. Anti-hunger experience is a plus.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to ------------. No phone calls, please.
MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger is an Equal Opportunity Employer
food, hunger, advocacy, jewish, hebrew, social media, nonprofit