Social Media Director
Founded in 2010, Method Communications is a midsize public relations and marketing communications agency. Our culture is anchored in our core values – relationships, resourcefulness and results – and enables us to produce award-winning work. We’re proud to be a nationally recognized team and agency with The Holmes Report Technology Agency of the Year, PRWeek 40 Under 40 and PRWeek Young PR Professional of the Year, among others.
As social media director (SMD) at Method, you will create and contribute to impactful social programs that generate outstanding results aligned with specific goals. The SMD serves as counselor and consultant for the entire agency, providing high-level, strategic guidance and counsel for Method staff and clients, while directing teams and clients toward well-conceptualized social media programs. You will actively grow Method’s social media practice, participating in new business opportunities with clients across multiple, diverse landscapes. Additionally, you will develop and execute the strategy to help build Method’s brand presence in Salt Lake City, San Francisco, New York and other relevant tech and PR communities via social media.
- Serve as counselor and consultant for the agency, providing high-level, strategic guidance and counsel for Method staff and clients, charting teams and clients towards well-conceptualized social media programs
- Able to craft holistic social media strategy for businesses/clients based on their business objectives and content needs
- Provide influencer outreach and campaign management for clients
- Run sweepstakes or contests on social media channels
- Think creatively and work with various departments within a marketing team (design, copywriters, PR, etc.)
- Engage and grow audiences for Method clients and for Method, increase thought leadership, mitigate issues, support paid, earned, and owned efforts and elevate a brand’s online profile.
- Create strong social content with minimal oversight
- Scope and manage social media program budgets, working to achieve profitability
- Be an expert on social media measurement, staying current on new measurement and listening tools
- Actively grow Method’s social media practice, participating in new business opportunities with clients across multiple, diverse landscapes
- Play an active role in knowledge-sharing while developing initiatives across the agency that help shape the future direction of the Method’s marketing services
- Stay current on social media trends, actively testing new tools and channels to ensure Method’s service offering is competitive in the market
- Mentor and train the social media team
- 6+ years of experience in social media in an agency or in-house
- 2+ years experience managing and mentoring a social media team, with ability to show team growth
- Proven ability to strategize, manage, optimize and report on paid social programs
- Proven ability in developing social content strategies for clients to meet their business needs and target audiences
- Client management and project management experience
- Active accounts (business/clients) across social media channels that are currently being managed by you
- Advanced knowledge of all major social platforms and social listening tools including best practices, general platform policies and user behavior trends
- Advanced knowledge of specific rules of engagement for brands/advertisers
- Advanced understanding of social analytics across channels – how to find, interpret and simplify results for clients
- Strong writing background and eye for detail and tone
- Understanding of the paid/earned/owned/social model and how social works
- Understanding of the basic tenets of SEO and SEM
- Passion for tech (enterprise, fintech, etc.) and a strong PR agency background
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter with drive and commitment to excellence
If you’re excited about learning and growing in a fast-paced, dynamic and supportive environment, and you’re ready to work with cutting-edge tech startups and billion-dollar brands, then consider joining our team. Please submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter detailing why you are a good fit for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Social Media, Public Relations, Director