Basic Functions: Position is responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at the highest level of quality. All work is to be completed in a timely, professional and safe manner.
1. Identify and implement solutions to repairs
• Perform diagnosis and repair
• Perform conditioning and repair on equipment systems and components
2. Technical and product knowledge
• Participate in the Vermeer Service Technician certification program and maintain certification status
• Familiarize with Vermeer product service bulletins
• Familiarize and navigate through various computer software programs for schematics
3. Work order preparation and completion
• Process work order for each repair on equipment
• Complete stories of work performed on equipment
• Verify all parts are charged to work order that was placed on equipment
• Sign-off on work orders immediately upon completion of work performed
4. Follow all federal, state and company safety rules and regulations
• Wear required safety equipment, including safety glasses while working on equipment
• Attend safety training and assist in shop cleanups
• Dispose of used oils and chemicals appropriately
• Complete company trainings related to customer service and software use
• Complete product knowledge training and webinars as introduced from Vermeer
• Complete the Vermeer service technician certification program
Desired minimum experience, education and skill required:
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
• Graduation from related diesel technology program preferred
• Electric & hydraulic experience a plus
• CDL required with clean driving record
• Must have own tools
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or maneuver up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in outside weather conditions. The employee may work near moving mechanical parts and be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations. The employee may be exposed to organic materials, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Sign on Bonus $2500.00