Position: Sales Associate / Key Holder
Reports to: Robyn Platoni, Owner
Chick, by Chick Invitations has been a custom stationery company located in Old City, Philadelphia for about 9 years. At the beginning of this year, we opened a retail boutique specializing in the design and creation of custom wedding apparel and party accessories.
The Sales Associate / Key Holder has the responsibility for the daily operation of the store in the absence of the Store Owner. This includes serving customers, understanding and presenting the merchandise and working with team to achieve net sales plan. The Sales Associate supports the team through the cultivation of a store environment and delights our customers each time they walk through our doors. You must have a vibrant personality, efficient nature and natural warmth.
Our ideal candidate will provide exceptional service in all aspects of the sales floor - greeting customers, selling, product knowledge, styling, cash wrap, restock and overall shopkeeping.
This is a full-time position. After a 3 month review period, the opportunity for salary will be discussed. The ideal candidate will be an integral part of the Chick team and experience rapid grow with the company.
1. Understanding the overall concept of Chick, including customer, lifestyle, merchandise and brand story.
• Greet each customer and provide sales assistance appropriate to sell product.
• Generate initiatives to develop proactive business
• Convert walk-in customers to clients
• Successfully handle follow-up to ensure repeat business
• Work with team to achieve net sales plan
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong assessment and decision-making skills
• Is knowledgeable of trends and supports brand messaging
Responsible for understanding, meeting and tracking sales goals
2. Initiating and aiding in the fulfillment of custom orders to the satisfaction of the Chick Brand.
• Knowledgeable in art or design, experienced on a MAC
• Has a keen eye for quality and high attention to detail
• Sewing experience is a plus
3. Develop and execute initiatives to create awareness of the store within the local community
4. Maintain the integrity of the store.
• Assist in presenting and merchandising the store attractively to entice customers to shop.
• Understand the merchandise and planned receipts well enough to know how and where to stock and present new receipts on the floor timely
• Know the merchandise on the floor and suggest merchandise to customers as appropriate
• Provide merchandising suggestions to management that may improve sales.
• Replenish inventory on a daily basis and ensure the integrity of merchandising.
• Uphold a clean and tidy environment. Swiffer, windex and vacuum store daily. Clean bathrooms daily.
5. Aid team with social media content creation and planning.
Requirements and Qualifications:
You must have prior retail experience, preferably in a high end, demanding environment
Undergraduate degree is preferred
Strong appreciation for art/design, fashion, wedding
Previous experience or knowledge in the communications industries
Must be willing to work weekends and retail hours
After a 3 month review period, the position will be evaluated to ensure sales goals are being met. Position may be increased to a salaried position. Vacation time and bonuses for exceeding sales goals to be determined.
Hourly rate dependent upon experience level
Please send your resume and cover letter to xxx-xxx-xxxx.
No call, no show please.
Design, Merchandising, Sales, Retail, Fashion, Customer Service