Optilab LLC is a private company dedicated in photonics and fiber optic solutions. We offer technology-driven products in areas like laser diodes, optical modulators, photo diode/receivers, RF over fibers links, optical amplifiers, CATV/5G Wireless, test and measurement instruments, and fiber sensing solutions. Our innovative and ground-breaking products serve customers in aerospace, defense, telecom, optical sensing and scientific research.
We are looking for engineers with expertise in photonics devices (lasers, modulators and photodiodes) for real world applications in communication and sensing. You should have a strong understanding of photonics components and physics, possess good written and verbal communications skills and be a creative thinker. Preferably hands-on experience in developing integrated photonics devices.
If you are interested in this position, please email ------------.
• Design, analyze, modify, test and evaluate RF Photonic systems and subsystem level components.
• Analyze system performance or operational requirements.
• Conduct testing to determine functionality to establish limits of photonics systems or components.
• Establish and validate photonic product specifications, produce product datasheet.
• Participates in feasibility studies and develop cost estimates for BOM and labor.
• Work with production team to develop production travelers, determine test specifications, methods and acceptance criteria.
• Document technical design, production and test details.
• Work with sales and marketing team to conduct feasibility study and develop proposals for potential customer.
Minimum Requirement and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics major with Photonics Focus related field with a minimum 2 years of experience, or master’s degree.
• Experience in the design, test and evaluation of optical components and systems.
Preferred Skills and Experiences
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
• Knowledge of fiber optics and laser diode specifications are required.
• Knowledge of lithium niobite material-based waveguide device is a plus.
• Knowledge of semiconductor physics is preferred.
• Knowledge of RF coplanar waveguide design is a plus.
• Experience of optical subassembly integration is preferred.
• Experience of optical alignment from fiber to photonics chips is a plus.
• Experience of using vector network analyzer, digital communication analyzer and high-speed oscilloscope is a plus.
• Simulation software experience: Matlab, Synoposys, Lumerical, Comsol
• Ability to speak, read and write Chinese is a plus.
• Ability to read electrical schematic and PCB layout is preferred.
Optilab LLC offers an attractive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance. Optilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Photonics Engineer, full time, Phoenix