We are seeking an experienced, highly analytical individual to lead our search marketing efforts. The Paid Search Marketing Manager will develop, manage and optimize the company's digital advertising campaigns, including but not limited to: lead generation; creating, managing, and optimizing all paid search campaigns; and search engine optimization (SEO) for Emerge Education’s clients. This position will require expertise in Google Ads and other digital advertising platforms such as Microsoft Advertising (formerly Bing). The ideal candidate will have strong experience building and optimizing PPC/digital strategies, while also demonstrating a strong marketing analytics skillset.
The Paid Search Marketing Manager reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
JOB LOCATION/ EQUIPMENT
This position works from Emerge Education headquarters in Camp Hill, PA. Equipment used includes, but is not limited to: telephone, personal computer and required software programs (Microsoft Office, Google Mail, Salesforce CRM and others), printer, fax machine, copy machines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the Paid Search Marketing Manager.
● Manage paid campaigns including search, display, and retargeting to optimize spend within and across channels.
○ Manage Google Ads accounts for clients
○ Manage Microsoft Advertising (Bing) platform
○ Hit key metric goals established in collaboration with the Director of Marketing/SVP of Marketing in relation to quality, engagement, CPL/CPC, and effectiveness
○ Perform daily account management of pay per click accounts
● Analyze campaign performance data and identify actionable insights to improve scale and efficiency.
○ Measure performance and ROI, leveraging analysis to identify optimization opportunities including CTR, conversion rate, impression share, quality score and other important metrics
○ Manage daily/monthly budget caps
○ Perform keyword research and analysis to provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, and other facets
○ Examine, test and improve keyword bids
● Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, generate reports and leverage key reporting tools, and develop digital improvement strategies aligned with client goals
○ Generate weekly and monthly reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, revenue tracking, and other PPC initiatives
○ Establish closed-loop analytics with clients/partners and our recruitment team to understand how our digital marketing activity turns into new enrollments
● Work with Director of Marketing to set and monitor search/PPC performance goals to ensure our websites are delivering on company goals.
● Participate in team strategy sessions and collaborate on department projects
○ Proactively initiate strategic direction for both short- and long-term growth/success
○ Manage SEO efforts, working cross-functionally within the department to ensure business goals translate into SEO strategy.
○ Conduct regular deep dives into account data with Director of Marketing/SVP of Marketing
● Perform ad hoc tasks as given by Director of Marketing/SVP of Marketing (These responsibilities might cross over into other areas of digital marketing.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on of PPC experience
● Strong knowledge of Google Analytics
● Ability to manage simultaneous project deadlines
● Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
● Strong understanding of SEO best-practices
● Ability to stay ahead of digital trends
● Proven ability to collaborate, build consensus and work effectively across departments
● Possession of effective problem-solving and analytical skills
● Well-organized and detail-oriented
● Google Ads/Bing (and others) certification nice to have
● High energy and good sense of humor welcome
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this particular job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
● Sit for extended periods of time
● Use the telephone for extended periods of time
● To have hand and arm (or equivalent) dexterity adequate to allow for extensive use of a keyboard for data entry
● To talk and hear with enough proficiency to allow for communicating with co-workers, clients, and existing and prospective students by phone or in person
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications/PR or related field
● Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications/PR or related field
● Experience working in higher education field
● SEO experience
ABOUT EMERGE EDUCATION
What is it like to work with Emerge? Our team atmosphere provides the best of both worlds: a highly professional, yet friendly setting where you can do your best work while collaborating with a pleasant group of respected, highly intelligent individuals that include faculty, researchers, former deans, marketers, recruiters, instructional designers and technologists. We enjoy our work and our colleagues, and we are passionate about our partners and students. Our strong growth has provided an opportunity for you to join our team.
Emerge Education does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include but are not limited to: hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
(The examples given above are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed and are not necessarily all-inclusive. This position description is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change. Emerge Education reserves the right to change and/or eliminate any and all job duties as necessary).
Paid Search, Marketing, Google Analytics, SEO