**Who we are:**
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
**What will you do?**
Feed the Future (FTF) Knowledge, Data, Learning and Training, (KDLT) is a newly awarded multi-year project funded by USAID. The goal of this project is to develop knowledge products and resources using various learning methods to contribute to USAID’s investments in reducing global hunger, malnutrition and poverty. Our focus is to provide technical leadership to support the evolution of strategic learning and knowledge management to address challenges in developing countries and create transformation in the way food systems work.
The Operations Assistant is responsible for providing both administrative and general program support to the KDLT team. You will be involved in supporting project management functions for the project as a whole, including communications, workflow management, records management, logistics, and more.
• Support project documentation editing and formatting; forecasting and budgeting; purchasing procurement, and subcontract management; consultant management, program design, training and communications including program social media activities.
• Assist with scheduling, logistics and coordination support for USAID training events, as well as external and internal meetings, workshops and conferences.
• Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements as needed, including flights, accommodations, insurance, visa applications and in-country ground transport.
• Assist in the preparation of technical documents including fast turn-around assessments and evaluations, simple survey design, data collection, and data analysis.
• Assist the Operations Manager to ensure that the project is fully compliant with all administrative and regulatory requirements, including drafting policies and procedures, manuals, and best practice guidelines and educating KDLT program staff on the project administrative and financial standards.
• Work collaboratively with program leadership to manage office coverage including opening and closing the office daily.
• Maintain project inventory and order materials for the office/team and events as needed.
• Assist with maintaining financial documentation and the program’s procurement system.
**What will you need?**
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in an international affairs field
• A minimum or 1-2 years of professional work experience
• Excellent interpersonal and professional communications skills
• Exceptional organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize ability to learn quickly
• Strong team player
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Experience with social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
• Experience taking initiative, following up and following through to ensure that project deadlines are met, and project deliverables are of high quality and completed on time
• Deep understanding and experience with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe and Google Docs
**Nice to haves:**
• Experience with Unanet, or other financial accounting system
• Experience living and/or working in a developing country preferred
**Perks & Benefits:**
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Coming soon: Unlimited PTO
Professional development opportunities
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits; this is not an internship. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
international, assistant, tech, technology, mission, oriented, government, social, impact, food