The Manager, Digital Content is responsible for the management and creation of content on AASLD’s primary website and its related sites. This position will work with the Director, Digital Media to ensure AASLD’s websites are up-to-date, provide solid user experiences and follow best practices.
Primary Position Responsibilities
• Participate in the planning and implementation of web content and design for ------------ and its subsites, including The Liver Meeting microsite and the AASLD Foundation website
• Establish, manage, and ensure adherence to website editorial calendar
• Serve as a consultant to staff for developing web content and strategies to support the organization’s objectives
• Ensure adherence to all AASLD editorial, content, and advertising policies and procedures as well as brand guidelines and site governance
• Ensure publication workflow and processes are followed
• Suggest and manage requests for website enhancements, and work with technical and operational staff to implement, ensuring enhancements are customer-focused
• Review, edit, and write copy
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of web development trends, tools, and technologies
• Work with Director, Digital Media to determine digital analytics strategy for organization – identify key goals and targets that will improve success of Marketing Communications efforts
• Use analytics to improve user experience for ------------ and all other subsites
• Work closely with Marketing Communications team and subject matter experts, uses analytics to help inform integrated Marketing Communications strategies; reports on success of tactics within campaigns to ensure positive ROI, real-time campaign modifications as well as future recommendations
• Coordinate meeting / campaign post-mortem analytics reports for internal stakeholders.
• Maintain day-to-day operations for AASLD’s primary social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram via SproutSocial.
• Create social media friendly graphics as needed in Canva.
• Promote use of Social Media Essentials
• With Director, Digital Media, create video strategy [like Facebook Live] for AASLD web and social media properties.
• Develop and manage a calendar of awareness campaigns [including Hepatitis Awareness Month, Women in Medicine Month] for web and social media. Ensure these efforts are made available to other AASLD communication channels [AASLD News].
• Content creation: Fellows Stories, Member Spotlights, Why I Use Social Media Q&As, and Researcher and Donor Profiles for the AASLD Foundation site. Tweetorials for social media.
Skills Needed in Position
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, web design, communications, English, business or related field, or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of experience in the day-to-day operations of web properties and digital offerings
• Knowledge of web technologies, including HTML, CSS, and Content Management Systems is preferred. Experience with Drupal is helpful.
• Demonstrated ability to write for a professional audience; excellent grammar and spelling; excellent proofreading skills.
• Experience using digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Display Network, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, and/or other online advertising platforms is a plus.
• Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and work with autonomy.
• Experience in planning, developing and implementing web content including the ability to review, proof, edit and write copy for the web
• Knowledge of SEO and taxonomies
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer focus. Ability to effectively work with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, outside vendors, etc.
• Limited travel
• Understanding of PhotoShop and Canva preferred
• Experience with SproutSocial & Symplur preferred
• Keep current with emerging digital media behavior, trends, and technologies
• Other duties as assigned
digital content, website, social media. video strategy