Senior Living Community in Yorba Linda, CA is a 76 bed assisted living campus who provides a safe and loving home for our residents. Do you have the love and desire to work with seniors and make sure they are provided with the best of care? If you answer "YES" then you should come to work at Senior Living Community!
Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance to DSS regulations set for a Residential Care Facility for the Eldery, all employees must have a clear background with Live Scan.
Salary: $20.00 to $21.00 per hour
Purpose of Job position
The primary purpose of your position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by caregivers/CNA. Such supervision must be in accordance with current state guidelines and regulations that govern our RCFE, and as may be required by the Director of Health Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsibility for the comprehensive nursing care of all adult residents. Assures and provides health safety and welfare of all adult residents of the Senior Living Community.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and responsibilities
* Implements and maintains Health Services standards and objectives in accordance with all Senior Living Community policies and procedure and Dept. of Social Services rules and regulations.
* Direct day-to-day functions of the caregivers in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern our facility.
* Arranges, monitors and documents medical care (including individual care and assessment plans appropriate to the needs of the residents. Documents resident’s response or lack of) to treatment and reports change in resident’s condition to the physician and the Director of Health Services.
* Maintains all required medical records in accordance with established Social Services regulations.
* Assigns direct nursing care to be given by caregivers/CNA. Supervises care and activities. Supervises assigned staff and makes recommendations regarding performance and discipline. Ensure that the caregiver assignment is current and reflects the day-to-day nursing activities.
* Observes and reports unusual conditions to Supervisor.
* Makes round daily, visiting with each resident.
* Assist in planning the nursing services of the new admitted residents as necessary.
* Admit, and transfer residents as required.
* Complete and file required recordkeeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, and transfer.
* Attends scheduled staff, resident care and in services training meeting.
* Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of your shift as required.
* Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that resident’s total regimen of care is maintained.
* Acts immediately on any resident crisis, calmly and professionally following facility protocol, Contacts physician or calls 911 following facility protocol in an emergency.
* Ensures that all residents right to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights including the right to wage a complaint are well stablished and maintained at all times. Preserves the dignity and self-respect of the residents at all times.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of the computer (word, excel and email).
* Assist residents with personal care/toileting/grooming/transfers/ambulation as needed.
* Review the resident’s appraisal needs and service plan daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered. Participate in the updating of resident’s written appraisal needs and service plan as required.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance at minimal to no cost to you
Supplemental Insurance with AFLAC
Company paid AD&D and Long Term Disability
Complimentary meal each day
Up to 80 hours of Personal Time Off (PTO) after the first year
Free Employee Assistance Program for family
lvn, charge nurse, healthcare, senior, assisted living