Licensed School Nurse
Have you had experience as a school nurse, medical nurse, public health nurse, special needs nursing, or nurse manager in a private or public setting? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have the creativity, initiative and dedication to provide leadership skills to the nursing team at Alternative Paths Training School, as well as functioning as a staff nurse for students and staff at one of our campuses?
Alternative Paths Training School’s goal is to promote health and wellness in students, staff, and families. Professional nursing care and presence, as well as educating those with whom we have contact with, is a high priority.
APTS® is searching for a Licensed School Nurse.
**This position will be located at Alexandria Campus*
Individual will be working under the direction of the primary school RN. Position is responsible for performing health care services to students and staff at a private school which is a 12-month school year for individuals with special needs; Alexandria/Ft. Belvoir primary location with monthly team meetings and staffing as needed at other campuses to support nursing team.
Employee’s duties include, but are not limited to:
• Medication administration
• organizing and maintaining the health clinic and records
• performing health screenings and assessments
• assessing student daily health needs
• administering emergency care / first aid treatment; providing general health counseling and teaching, conducting health-related workshops for staff
• providing a safe and healthy environment in order to maximize students’ potential to learn, and communication with families, medical, and related services regarding students’ status and health needs, and implementing and assisting with the Healthypath nutrition and wellness program
• Coordination with other campus nurse for managing scheduling as needed
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), preferably in school, pediatric office, or public health
• CPR and First Aid certification
APTS® prides itself in providing the best work environment for our staff members and we offer the following benefits:
• Competitive Salary
• 120 Hours of PTO (Paid Time Off)
• Medical (Health, Individual & Dependent coverage), Dental, Vision
• Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
• 401k Plan: Company matches half of your contribution, up to 4% of your salary
• Professional Development Reimbursement up to $2,000 per school year for approved programs (CEU hours)
• Discounted Gym membership (approved gyms)
• Training and development opportunities
APTS® or any of its subsidiaries, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. APTS® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
LPN, special education school