Birch Tree Academy is a bilingual Russian-American preschool in Bellevue. We provide a balanced approach to learning, giving a child a chance to develop cognitively, socially, and creatively. In an interactive and engaging environment, our passionate and encouraging teachers give children endless opportunity to imagine, learn and grow. We place a strong emphasis on academic development as well as discovery and exploration of everyday wonders through our thematic programs, which encompassed all subject matters. All children also receive specialist lessons each week: art, music, drama, cooking and gymnastics.
We are looking for a lead teacher that has great enthusiasm, patience, and a caring, kind heart. He/she will collaborate with the assistant teacher and lead the class in all ways. We are looking for a full time English speaking teacher for our 2-3 year old class in a bilingual (Russian/English) setting.
• Teach a class of 15- 20 student with help of assistant teacher
• Plan and teach daily activities and lessons that correspond with the curriculum
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
• Partner with specific subject teachers (music, drama, geography, life sciences, etc) to incorporate their lessons into daily curriculum
• Help promote bilingual and multi-cultural education
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment
• Help students learn classroom rules and procedures, as well as personal responsibility and respect for fellow students.
• Use appropriate behavior management and classroom discipline.
• Attend to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers.
• Plan and supervise class projects, field trips and visits by guest teachers
• Attend monthly staff meetings.
• Attend trainings as necessary.
• Establish consistent communication with parents and children. Write weekly class and individual student updates to parents
• Supervise Assistant Teachers and volunteers
• Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
• Associate Degree or equivalent experience required
• Coursework or a degree in early childhood education or child development or a CDA (strongly preferred).
• 1 year experience working in a licensed childcare facility required
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be completely proficient in English
• Must have ability to meet state and/or accreditation requirements for education and experience
• Must have CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
• Must have clean criminal record
teacher, preschool, daycare