A private, worldwide analytical laboratory and consulting firm is seeking a hard-working, experienced laboratory analyst for a permanent, full-time position. We specialize in diagnostic testing of oil, gas and other insulating materials used in transformers, power circuit breakers, and load tap-changers.
1. Bachelor's Degree in science plus experience working in a laboratory.
2. Knowledge of operating, troubleshooting and maintaining chromatography systems.
3. Must have computer and software skills (eg. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, equipment data systems, LIMS) to accommodate responsibilities.
4. Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, and be able to work efficiently.
5. Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull 25 lbs.
6. Must be able to use Good Documentation Practices.
7. Must be able to understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) to ensure compliance to ISO certifications and accreditations.
8. Experience writing/editing SOPs a plus.
9. Must have sufficient math skills to accommodate responsibilities.
10. Adheres to established laboratory techniques and safety precautions.
11. Ensures production is complete in a timely manner.
12. Must be able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
13. Must accept responsibility and manage tasks to completion.
14. Must be able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
15. Supervisory experience a plus.
1. Perform analytical instrument maintenance as required.
2. Perform laboratory analyses.
3. Keep track of laboratory supplies.
4. Adhere to established laboratory techniques and safety precautions
5. Accurately record all preparative, test, computational, observational and report data.
6. Collaborate with managers daily to meet production deadlines.
7. Collaborate with/supervise other laboratory staff to meet deadlines.
8. Maintain clean and sanitary work stations at all times.
9. Cross-train others.
10. Other duties as assigned.