Please read the job description carefully to the end before applying. Apply on Indeed, do not reach out to us through social media or other means.
Studio Define is an upcoming staging and interior design company. We are opening full time or part time Home Stager and Studio Assistant position. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with a home-office, start-up type of environment. Changing priorities and plans are normal so candidate must be comfortable to deal with changes on the go.
Regular Work Hours: depends on project; some flexibility
It is also important that the candidate has patience to grow with the company and is not looking for instant gratification. Candidate should enjoy doing a variety of activities and doesn't mind rolling up the sleeves and get things done. As the company grow, the candidate has the opportunity to take own team leader role and learn about people management. This is a position for starting but ambitious individual who takes pride in helping clients, support team members, personal growth, and treating this as his/her own startup business.
Compensation is $15 an hour with bonus available by performance after first month probation period.
Staging Designer and Ops Manager Roles and Responsibilities
Lead staging planning, design and logistics from start to end, this includes but are not limited to the following aspects:
- Lead follow up and client communications
- Estimate, contract, and billing
- Site survey, measurements, photos
- Staging layout design and detailed item planning
- Staging and de-staging logistics
- Coordinate and manage support teams (other designers, assistants, temp help, and movers) to complete staging assignment
- Manage inventory system setup and maintenance
- In charge of purchasing additional items for staging to fit business growth requirements as well as selling older items to make room for new acquisitions
Social media and web marketing
- Agency visits and presentations
Other Design Roles and Responsibilities:
Support or lead other interior design and remodeling projects as bandwidth open up or as urgent need arises
- Interior design project may include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Client requirement gathering and communication
- Material suggestions and selections
- Schedule management
- Project management
Remodel project may include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Work scope definition
- Collect and compare estimates from contractors
- Project, schedule, and contractor management
- Help with touch up, fixes, and some DIY and cleaning work when needed
- Support data entry, documentation, and paperwork
- Fast-learner and quick to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to follow detailed documentations and processes
- Ability to perform comprehensive, detailed planning
- Open to constructive feedback and coaching
- Capable of accepting misunderstanding and take initiative to resolve misunderstanding without taking it personally
- Do not easily get offended. This is potentially a client facing role and it is critical the person who takes on this role is able to take criticism, disagreements, and other people's preferences without being offended.
Required for the Job
- Driver’s License and own vehicle to travel to office and job sites
- Personal notebook computer
- Put "Summer Time" in first line of email/application/cover letter
- Include in cover letter your experience in interior design and home staging. If starting new in this industry, provide your understanding of home staging business.
Also include in cover letter, why you are interested in this job and your career goal.
staging, interior decorating, design