Health Communication Specialist
The Communications Department at The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc. is seeking a health communications professional to provide communications support to both government and private clients within the environmental, health, and biomedical fields. This opportunity is based in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the tasks and responsibilities outlined below:
• Assist in providing professional consulting services to government and private clients.
• Assist in the management and design of public health outreach programs and marketing initiatives.
• Develop targeted messaging and strategic plans for multiple media outlets (print publications, Web, social media, video and audio presentations).
• Support the implementation of clients’ communications programs, campaigns, and outreach efforts.
• Facilitate both internal and external meetings.
• Develop key messaging for multiple media outlets (print publications, Web, video, social media, and audio).
• Possess or willingness to develop content expertise in specific health and science-related fields.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public health, journalism, or related field and 5 years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree in communications, public health, journalism, or related field and 3 years of relevant experience. Advanced degree preferred.
• Excellent writing/editing skills and superior verbal communication skills.
• Experience in public health outreach programs, strategic planning, and constructing messaging for multiple media outlets.
• Experience in consulting, specifically with health- and science-based agencies.
• Experience managing competing priorities and adapting to changes in priorities and workload.
• Ability to perform administrative activities efficiently and effectively (i.e. progress reports, budgets, task tracking).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with teams, across departments, and with multiple clients.
• A willingness to learn from communications professionals of all ages and experience levels.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter as well as salary requirements.
SCG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
health, communications, consulting,