Come join a winning team. Grow in your capacity to serve the common good.
The Executive Assistant works in a diverse team based, campaign style leadership initiative with the Martin Luther King Jr. Freedom Center, a success civil rights organization working statewide in California and throughout the West Coast.
Responsibilities include staffing Director in cultivating relationships and advancing policy initiatives with elected officials, funders, school personnel, educators, and community based and civic leaders, elders and Civil Rights leaders, families, and community. Staff Director in meetings, outreach, and organizing. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization with competitive compensation.
Summary of position:
An experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant works directly with Executive Director and is responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. Executive Assistant works in rigorous project based civic engagement and nonviolence organization. Must have a vehicle and experience with diverse communities. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. Requires comfort with coaching approach to relationships.
• Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with organizational contacts
• Prepare internal and external documents for team members and organizational partners
• Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries
• Arrangements for events to take place in the community, such as Lecture Series, fund-raising events and community events
• Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
• Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
• Preparing funding/program reports, letters, financial statements, and other documents.
• Answering phones and routing calls to the correct person or taking messages.
• Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation to boards of directors, committees, and internal/external meetings.
• Helping prepare for meetings.
• Accurately recording minutes from meetings.
• Greeting visitors and deciding if they should be able to meet with ED.
• Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
• Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed.
• Making travel arrangements for executives.
• Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
• Experience as a virtual assistant.
• Opening, sorting and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondence.
• Provide general administrative support.
• Meeting Scheduling
• Travel coordination and support
• Formal correspondence and relationship development to include: interface between the ED and staff; participating in meetings alongside ED; represent the ED in his absence
• Research and writing on school to civic engagement social justice themes
• Research and policy analysis in preparation for meetings
• Drafting of fundraising and outreach letters and support
• Assist in maintenance of all agency archives of photos and content, website updates; participating in social media and messaging; some layout and design of brochures and flyers
• Includes some travel to meetings, conferences, and events in-state and out-of-state
• Have excellent communication skills – oral and formal written correspondence
• Available for travel
• Schedule availability to include some evenings and weekends
• Detail and follow through oriented
• Have a vehicle with license and insurance
Salary and benefits: $60,000 with medical, dental, and pension benefits after three months
non-profit, administrative, civic engagement, advocacy, policy, community, education, campaign