My Sisters’ Place (MSP) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that has been providing support to victims of domestic violence and human trafficking throughout Westchester County, NY since 1978. MSP has evolved from a small, grassroots organization into a holistic agency touching the lives of more than 10,000 individuals each year. We provide a continuum of free services including: a 24-hour hotline, emergency residential shelter, adult counseling, legal services, children’s services, and an extensive community education and training outreach program.
Since 1981, the Domestic Violence Education and Prevention (DVEP) program staff at My Sisters’ Place have worked with Westchester County youth to educate them about the dynamics of dating violence. DVEP empowers youth by providing them with tools to build and support relationships free of abuse. As part of a DVEP experience, youth will establish a vision of healthy relationships, define and understand the dynamics of abuse, and explore options to safely address abuse. DVEP Community Educators facilitate prevention education workshops and assist in the oversight of our teen leadership and volunteering opportunities.
• Facilitate short- and long-term teen dating violence prevention workshops in Westchester County schools, community organizations and youth treatment facilities
• Develop DVEP’s short-term Healthy Relationships workshops and long-term Relationships, Empowerment, And Leadership (REAL) programs, including curricula development, school outreach, and publications as needed
• Plan, implement and facilitate the week-long Summer Institute retreat for high school youth
• Facilitate trainings for youth-serving professionals and parents on dating violence
• Develop and facilitate DVEP’s teen leadership and volunteering opportunities
• Manage the scheduling system for workshops and provide outreach and customer service to partnering schools and agencies.
• Enter workshop evaluation data in database and run reports as needed
• Evaluate outcomes and write monthly, quarterly and annual grant reports
• Cross-train on job functions related to all DVEP services
• Provide short-term support, referrals and advocacy on behalf of dating violence survivors
• Act as a liaison between DVEP and external partners
• Collaborate with staff across MSP departments
• Projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor
MSP general requirements
• Support our philosophy and guiding principles
• Participate in agency-wide and community events, initiatives and committees to help strengthen our organizational goals
• Work collaboratively across departments
• Participate in on-going education and training opportunities
• Ability to collaborate with people and synthesize diverse sets of institutional perspectives
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information
• Bachelor of Arts in social work, sociology, gender/women’s studies or education preferred
• A valid driver’s license, vehicle and willingness to travel extensively throughout Westchester County required
• Imagination, creativity, flexibility and a sense of humor
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Prior experience with adolescents, teen dating violence, positive youth development strategies and/or anti-oppression practices desired
• Strong public speaker, especially in educational and large-group settings
• Ability to work well in a team setting
• Ability to work independently, assess priorities, take initiative, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills, computer knowledge preferred
• Must be willing to work frequent early mornings, and some weekend and evening hours
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Send resume, cover letter and a list of 3 references by e-mail to: Brintha Jeyalingam, Director of Community Education and Prevention at: ------------.
My Sisters’ Place policy prohibits discrimination due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and national origin in employment and delivery of services.