Clinical Case Manager
The mission of the Southwest Detroit Community Justice Center is to increase public trust in the justice system, assist in the reduction of crime, improve the quality of life and meet the needs of the community.
The Clinical Case Manager is responsible for helping participants of SWDCJC programs to develop individualized plans to better their lives, serve their community and obtain the supports they need by addressing factors that resulted in contact with law enforcement and/or the justice system.
The Clinical Case Manager plays an integral role in supporting the mission of Southwest Detroit Community Justice Center and its aim to provide services, advocate for policies, and create programs to divert persons with low level, nonviolent crimes from the jail system to the greatest extent possible.
Social Service Assessments and Case Management:
• Provides case management services to clients.
• Maintain an up-to-date caseload of clients.
• Perform needs assessment to determine social service needs including screening, with a specific focus on employment, education, housing, mental health, substance abuse, etc.
• Work to ensure relationship with community providers is secure and maintain regular contact with clients until program graduation.
• Provide direct linkage between the court system and identified treatment services for individuals served.
• Make weekly Court appearances to facilitate Community Court participation; present client summaries to the court on services being offered as well as provide updates on compliance for those who have been offered community service in lieu of fines and/or jail time.
• Ensure services and interventions are strength-based and promote resiliency. Apply recovery concepts and trauma informed care with all individuals served.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• An understanding of case management approaches to provide services to a broad range of individuals. Good working knowledge of community and social service resources in Detroit.
• The ability and skills to work as a team member and understand the criminal justice system.
• A working understanding of the systemic inequities the population experiences form a social justice framework. Cultural competency and a working understanding of how to provide culturally responsive and culturally informed services.
• Working knowledge of district and juvenile courts, jail systems, and behavioral dynamics of individuals who become incarcerated.
• Working knowledge of pertinent local laws.
• Ability to handle, assess, and work with clients experiencing emotional difficulties and crisis.
• Working knowledge and experience with people from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to compile statistics and present data relevant to Community Court.
• Availability and willingness to work some evenings and travel locally.
• Strong communication (written and verbal), problem-solving and computer skills
A Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
• At least 1-2 years of experience working in the human service field.
• A working knowledge of co-occurring behavioral health issues.
• Experience working with courts and criminal justice defendants.
• Fluency in Spanish language
This is a full-time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance; flexible spending account with employer contribution; 401(k) with employer contribution; paid time off for certain holidays, sick days and vacation days; flextime is available.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to: xxx-xxx-xxxx.
For more information on the Southwest Detroit Community Justice Center, visit us at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Closing Date: Until Filled
Clinical Case Manager